Selecting a broker

Anyone using SBI Securities here? Inaugural limited period offer of 0% interest on outstanding amount for e-Margin trades.

2 Likes

I am facing lot of issues with Angel Broking. They charged brokerage fee for equity delivery script. As per their website there is no brokerage charge for delivery script Moreover, they are charging 30rupees if the script value more than 50k as per the website they said 20rupees. I have send several mails to them but each time they give ticket number after that no response. I may not able to contact them due to out of country. Can you please explain is the charges are common?. I am thinking to close account in Angel broking and check other brokerage. Can you please tell me other brokers also charge brokerage fee for delivery script?. I went top broker websites every one says there is no brokerage fee for delivery script, is this just attracting customers or is it true?

Iā€™m using SBI securities . recently they revamped their website and APP , which is great
Till now i never faced any issues with SBI securities .

I buy on delivery, intraday / trading i donā€™t do so no clue how smoothly it works on SBI .

1 Like

If anyone is using Zerodha, do you know if we can find CAGR return of portfolio instead of absolute return? If not, is there any other way of checking CAGR return of the portfolio?

I have created an XIRR tool to do this.

3 Likes

Today received an email from Zerodhaā€¦for NRI customers they increased brokerage to 0.5%ā€¦which is heavy

Any good brokers who has less brokerage better than Zerodhaā€¦Please advise

I am trying to connect with Angle one to give customzed brokerage structureā€¦for NRI PIS account holdersā€¦any point of contact

Any point of contact from SBI securities

List of scrips for T+1 settlement cycle in Equity Segment - BSE : Link to the BSE Notice.

NSE:

https://archives.nseindia.com/content/equities/Scheduled_securities.xlsx

2 Likes

I use ICICI pre-paid NRI brokerage plan. Brokerage is 0.2% + GST . Their Brokerage plan is slab based, more you top-up (i.e. pre-pay) less the Brokerage % (0.2% is lowest they offer). But I think you will find other Brokerages, specially Discount Brokers charging lesser.

how much we need pay for pre paid

Hi,
I have a basic query about T+2 settlement which is also applicable to Equity/Debt MF in India.
When we perform any transaction using CAMS mandate for buy/sell any MF on Monday, funds are debited on Tuesday afternoon mostly before 2:30PM using NACH mandate, and the units are allocated on Thursday Morning based on Wednesday NAV.
Is this really T+2 or T+3?
If I count days, it goes from Monday to Tuesday to Wednesday to Thursday. To me, this looks like T+3 but CAMS web site says that, this is T+2.
I am not sure whether I am missing any thing.
Note: This is applicable when I use CAMS NACH mandate for debiting the funds from bank a/c while buying.

I am a NRI and was trying to open an account with Zerodha mainly for the lesser brokerage. The brokerage is 0.5% or Rs:200 whichever is lower. So basically if we trade more than 40K per trade, it is Rs:200.

However the catch is with the PIS account. The charges of PIS account (Axis Bank) per trade, irrespective of the amount, is Rs:150 which drastically increases the total cost. Unless we trade in higher amount, Zerodha account can NOT be a discount broker account. So I dropped the plan of opening an account with Zerodha.

Instead I could take the ICICIā€™s prepaid plan to get the cheaper brokerage.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone use Zerodha plus a PIS account from any of their linked bank for trading? Can you please confirm whether my information correct?

I am still looking for the better option (i.e lesser brokerage for the lower amount trade)

1 Like

A general question: It looks like we need to sign a Power of Attorney document (giving some rights to the broker) when opening a new trading account. It seems to be mandatory in HDFC Sec. ICICI also seems to have one but not sure if itā€™s mandatory.

Does anyone know why this is required? I have ICICI Direct accounts opened long back and I donā€™t recollect signing a PoA. Same with Zerodha that I opened couple of years ago

Go with Indus Ind and IIFLā€¦( 0.1%) Indusind dont take any money for contractā€¦so less money on charges

@axiskumar thank you for the response.

Do you mean to say PIS account with IndusInd bank and trading account in IIFL, where IIFL gives the brokerage of 0.1%?

I try to search for the brokerage charges of NRI in India Infoline but I couldnā€™t find it. Do we have to negotiate with IIFL or by default it is 0.1%?

Since account opening is a bit of time consuming, just want to make sure my understanding is correct.

Below is the info from India Infoline
India Infoline FAQ

• In which bank accounts I can open PIS account?

• HDFC Bank
    • Axis Bank
    • RBL Bank
    • Federal Bank
    • State Bank of Mauritius
    • YES bank
    • Kotak Bank

IndusInd bank is missing here. Not sure whether is it a website update problem.

However Zerodha does mention about the IndusInd bank. Does IndusInd bank donā€™t charge for any broker or only for IIFL?

Your further info will be more helpful.

Thank you!!

Indus ind wont chargeā€¦YEsā€¦IIFL giving 0.1% for brokerageā€¦no point in staying with zerodhaā€¦i am in process of moving out of zerodhaā€¦as they started charging 0.5%

1 Like

Yes POA is required by the broker to have the rights to debit your stock holding from N/CSDL. I am an NRI account holder with ICICI direct and I have signed the POA. I dont know whether it is mandatory or not for NRIs, I know it is not mandatory for residents. My sister who is a resident Indian, didnt sign the POA initially but then for every sell transaction, she was directed to NSDL website to key in an OTP, as ICICI direct didnt have the right to debit the stocks being sold. It was a headache specially when you are trading frequently, selling many stocks when the market has cracked. You need seperate OTP for every sell transaction. So she then signed the POA.

1 Like

Why Zerodha is considering buyback payout as short/long term gain in the Tax P&L sheet. IMO tax is deducted at company level not on investor hands. Request all to confirm on other brokerage also it it is treated as same elsewhere please.

1 Like