Sagar's portfolio

Took some initial positions in Bajaj Corp around Rs. 238.Looking to exit Ajanta Pharma,soon.

Company Weightage
Ajanta P. 10%
Alembic P. 22%
ARBL 6%
Avanti 7.5%
Bajaj Corp 10%
Cera 12%
Finolex Cables 8%
PI Ind. 13%
Swaraj Engines 9%
UPhos 2.5%

MIssed the bus on both Natco & Accelya around Rs. 440 levels.Though Accelya still looks good at CMP.Added PI for both:excellent performance & an improving outlook.Finolex Cables offers a lot of value at CMP,the co. has shown good performance in a tough environment.This is a long-term investment.Conviction in Alembic P. remains unchanged.Avanti should be trading at better multiples given the no. of positives for the Shrimp industry in place.The allocation to ARBL & UPhos reduced as a result of increase in portfolio size.Bajaj Corp is another conviction bet.Wanted to exit Ajanta but there doesn't seem to be a slowdown in its earnings.Comfortable with it.Eyes on a financial sector stock(Bajaj Finance,IndusInd),KPIT Cummins,Biocon,SPARC.

Views of seniors & other ValuePickrs are most welcome.

Good choice Sagar.Your stock picking ability is really good at such a young age much much better when I was your age.Keep it up.

Watching the markets so closely,really makes me feel like a hole was made in my pocket given the 20-30% moves in stocks I track,over a short period of time.Remember RJ saying that to invest one needs capital & that, you get from trading.So true.Right now there are 5-6 stocks I want to buy but that would dilute the portfolio too much,so avoiding the same.However,took a trading position in Accelya Kale,excellent div. yield,hot stock,trading at <12 P/E,promising a very good growth.Never mind the upmove,I still see a lot of steam left.
Let’s see how it goes.

Missed another opportunity…Suven Life Sciences.I have been observing this from December,and each & every time it corrected to 22-23 levels,it has appreciated to atleast 26-27.That’s quiet cool as a %age gain.Moreover this always happens around/after quarterly results.But so far it has always fallen back to 20’s.Will certainly buy if that happens.

Eyes

Hi Sagar,

Yourportfoliolooks good, Avanti feeds can be a dark horse near future.

**Coming to the stocks which you are tracking,developing molecules seems like a long process with uncertainty.**what makes you think SPARC is a good idea,any short term trigger ??

regards,

Shanid V H

Yup,I do.Levitericetam & Venlafaxine are on track.Another NDA to be filed in this quarter (Q2FY14) Some payments from Sun Pharma.
Since the stock has graduated to the 100+ range from 80 odd,I want to work out the rough figure for the total impact these triggers could have(if that’s possible).SPARC is certainly worth keeping an eye on.
If you could give your email ID,I will send you an attachment,which provides a good overview of things to come.

Pls send it to my email id shanid.mil@gmail.com

thanks in advance.

Please share it with me as well - ramsaravana@gmail.com

Started off in December,last year & its been a very good year so far.Making around 25% with an average portfolio age of 5 months.Recent entries: PVR,Suven,Tech Mahindra have done very well.
I clearly remember expecting a 25% return from AlembicP. @ 67.7 & 100 ‘at the most’ after an year.It went there in 4 months & its been a 3 bagger for me till now :slight_smile:
Ajanta Pharma was a wait & watch decision.The excellent inputs from here gave me the right headstart & I started liking the company after doing my own bit.That too,has yielded 60% in a pretty short span.
PI Industries too,was a no-brainer to me at 135…while Avanti continues to be so :slight_smile:

Looking forward to a better year in terms of macros & learning.Wishing all ValuePickrs a very happy Diwali :slight_smile:

Previously sagar saxena wrote

:))

Great going Sagar.

Wish u and all value pickers a very happy Diwali.

Company Weightage
AKale 5.8%
AjantaP. 8.3%
AlembicP. 16%
ARBL 3%
AvantiF. 6%
BCorp 4.7%
Cera 5.9%
FCables 6%
Marksans 6.4%
PI Ind. 5%
PVR/Cinemax 6.2%
SPARC 4%
Suven 7.6%
Swaraj 5.1%
TechM 8.4%
UPL 1.7%
Total=16 :D 100%

Given the very good performance of almost all the above stocks,am tempted to book profits.Candidates:
SPARC? : Took a trading position,anticipating such a move.Will exit soon.
PVR? : Though expensive,strong growth & premium position should help sustain valuations.
Marksans? : A turnaround candidate.Once they clear their FCCBs,a kicker can come in.A gamble though,I agree.
Cera? :PAT growth should pick up,tempted to book out but will like to see one more quarter.
Would like to hold Alembic,Ajanta,ARBL,AKale,BCorp,FCables,PI,TM for longer time.
Any advise from seniors is welcome,i.e.,which are the weak spots here?

How has been your PF performance after increasing the nos of stocks?

What’s the Suven story n any USPS n triggers for the co?

Why haven’t u considered Mayur so far ? Don’t you think it’s attractively priced even now due to expansions in place n opportunity size constantly increasing ?

I have missed out on PVR . Is it worth considering even now as movies hv become the best source of entertainment for Indians n multiplexes are now only. 2 horse race after consolidation. How is INox?

Vivek,
As I said earlier,its been very satisfactory.More so,the financial performance of all stocks(except AKale) has been excellent.
Mayur,I missed at 200.Its a great company,but I don’t think there is much scope from here,for upsides.
Suven is a special company & its been incessantly upping its R&D spends for ‘greener pastures’ from yeeears.Go to the company website,they have a ‘business model’ pdf.What better than to hear it from the co. itself? The nos. here too were STELLAR.Sales up 200%,PAT up 600%.Its a high conviction bet & I have been loading it up.
PVR’s performance should help sustain valuations.Once this heavy capex & Cinemax acquisition is through,we can see margin expansion in a uniform way.Inox is much more expensive & doesn’t have the industry standing,as well as user satisfaction,when compared to PVR.So I prefer PVR.This quarter will again be blockbuster(Krrish has already earned 200cr.!!)

Good to hear the sage views from you at such a young age.

Whats your take on Aurobindo Pharma & Shilpa medicare?

Ha ha. 'sage views’
The time to buy Aurobindo may have gone.I did expect this kind of performance once the ban on their facility was lifted,but the fall from 200—>128 scared me & I stayed out.RJ has been bullish on Auro too.I think the API biz did well this time for them,am not too excited about that space.Better to stick to Alembic,Lupin,DRL,Sun,Ajanta,Suven,Shilpa,Ipca & a few others which cater to growing markets(CNS,Dermatology,Chronics,etc.)
Shilpa seems to be a good co.As Hitesh bhai said,once the subsidiaries stop bleeding,the performance can improve,drastically…on the margin front too,maybe.Small cos are always exciting :slight_smile: I am not the right person for this query though,Donald/Ayush/Hitesh are much informed about Shilpa.

Is the inventory n receivables on the higher side for Suven?

Nope.One of their drugs was bought/marketed(still not sure :D)…there are very high margins for NCEs.Suven is reaping the benefits & I expect it do continue doing so,for 2-3 quarters atleast.

Partially exited SPARC & bought VST Tillers,first thing in the morning today.Will add on 5-6% correction(if any)