Risks of investing in Unlisted shares - Personal experience. Please help

Something interesting.
Attaching a line I found Horseshit.
Should have done such an analysis before adding this stock.
A loss making company expects a 48% CAGR between FY18 and FY19

I would also like to ask our Researcher members here following questions

1. How and Where does NSEL (National Spot Exchange Limited) and 63 Moon
    (Financial Technologies Ltd.) Fit into this?

2. How and Where Does Jignesh Shah Fit into All This?

Saw this advertisement in today’s ET. Big scale promotion is going on.

Your write-up sounds like the other person has defrauded you, he is a con-man, and it is none of your fault.

My advice, although unsolicited, to you is… since you have already paid for the lesson why not take it. I mean, don’t pass the blame onto the other person. Such people are always around you, like forces of nature. It is completely your responsibility to protect your money, and no one else’s. So, first and foremost You take 100% responsibility for the loss of money… don’t blame the con-man.

Having done that, you are protecting yourself from such an event ever happening in the future. Saving yourself a lot of money forever in your life.

6 Likes

Sir pls go thru the order attached of NCLAT adjourning the matter to 19th feb 2018.

I know personal discussion is not allowed on forum but only clarifying the point. Every order is attached will take u nearer to decision making. Then onwards it’s ur personal opinion, whether to stay invested or withdraw.

“his investment advise told me that there is an unlisted company which is going to be a 20x multibagger in 3-4 years.” sounds like a con-man’s pitch to me. As pointed out by you, such con-men are all around us, and will brazenly continue to operate as they feel they are beyond the hands of the law / sebi etc…

OP has understood his mistake. He’s looking for helpful suggestions, remedial measures and a bit of empathy.

I do not intend to offend him. I do not have a sure-shot solution either. However, it was my deepest concern that he has paid dearly and has got a very important lesson in return.

In that way I have shown empathy.

1 Like

Can you add a disclosure whether you are an interested party or not? Your posts seem to suggest you follow this company.

1 Like

Do you have clear title of the shares? Physical share certificates with your name registered with the Co? If yes then you can still be hopeful of something to come out of it.

He transferred the shares to my CDSL Depository and told me he will give me
bill.
I am waiting on bill.

Disclosure. I am invested in MSEI and have positive lookout towards its progress.
But as the posts were not in favour or against the earlier posts and only information threads were provided i had not made disclosure.

Considering you already have the shares in your Demat portfolio it would not be correct to call this an outright con as he has delivered the securities to you.
Obviously the question whether has he sold you the investments at fair-value is very subjective as we are dealing with unlisted securities. This itself calls for greater diligence and sophistication on investors part and I believe retail investors are better off without dealing in unlisted securities.
And further, I don’t think a transaction bill/invoice will give you any further rights than what you have currently.
It ideally should be backed by some legal agreement etc. But considering you have the shares in your Demat you shouldn’t at-least be worrying about ownership.
Could you tell us rate at which you bought and price currently being offered to you?

I have not been given transaction bill or Transfer Deed by the Seller.
I have only shares in my DP.
Can you guide me as to what action I can take against him?
Or will having shares in my DP be sufficient?

Hi,

I am reminded of the proverb “a fool and his money are soon parted” - while it may sound hard hitting, I think the bigger problem here is that you still feel that the main reason you have lost money is because of that advisor and not because of yourself.

From the thread content it is clear to me that a) you are just another ordinary small investor and b) yet you wanted and felt eligible to be able to make 20x money in 3-4 years time that too in unlisted stock rather than a listed one based on some random’s person advice. I mean if it was such a high probability event then why the hell would your advisor sell shares to you rather than keeping it himself. To be not able to understand this basic incentive mechanism is something which is your biggest fault.

This lesson should be clear to you and will do a lot of good to you if you make sure you dont commit similar mistakes in the futures. So please get into the mindset that this fault is all of your making. You need to either strive to become a very good and above average investor by studying or reading and practising it diligently. Or you should accept that you are an ordinary small investor and invest only via reputed mutual funds or directly in blue chips only that too taking care of asset allocation, fees and commissions, market levels and tax liability. And you should not get greedy.

I dont think you are capable of understanding MSE business and valuation at this stage and you should sell regardless of price. If the investment is less than 5% of your current and inherited net-worth you should just forget about it. Case and legalities have no end in India and I think one is better off worrying about rest of the 95% networth rather than wasting time recovering 5% lost.

Sorry if I you dont like what I am saying but then truth is not always what we would like to hear. I dont want to show sympathy at your loss. You are capable of making much more money provided you are shown the mirror so that you know your own mistakes and mend them in future.

Sarvesh

14 Likes

I know I have made a mistake.
Kindly don’t rub it in.
All those trying to run it in understand either you have never lost money
in the stock market, and if you have, you will understand the day you lose
again.
Then read your own comments.
I would be investing 80% of my corpus in Mutual Funds now and doing short
term trading with rest.
Regarding MSEI,
I have read AR 3 times.
There is no way in hell they can get a 40+% increase which they are
projecting between FY18-FY19.
But the price is at lifetime low.
It’s going to be better for me as an investor to wait.

try to visit company headquarters and try to friend employees working there ,if they sound confident and well paid chances are you can recover your losses by being patient .

also on transfer deed ,if its in your account than he hasn’t cheated on delivery front ,it can be that he has earned a big difference in his trade by pumping you shares at higher prices.
take your friends help call that middleman from his mobile or tell him to talk on investment ,and check from your friend what new schemes he has which will give fair idea ,how much of a conman he is .

1 Like

I am going to do a different strategy Sir.
I have written off Loss.
I will forget about the shares thinking the following things I learned
here.

"Only Long Term Investors Survive Markets"

“Trust Noone…Listen To Everyone”

“If You Get Cheated…It’s Your Fault”

“Learn To Do Your Own Analysis”

“Learn Probability and Combinatorics”

Next I will do 40:50:10 with my remaining money.

Put 40% in 5 good Mutual Funds

Put 50% in 15-20 Good Stocks Over 1 Year Time Frame.

Play Short Term with 10% based on Good Technical Breakouts. Exiting on 5-10%

Regds,

Forget this fraudulent investment of yours. Learn how to do a little basic research before investing in shares. Else invest only in proven large caps.
Thanks and all the best
V K Vishnoi IFS (Retd)

That’s a good first step mate.

Unfortunately problems are not like wine, they don’t become better than age. Munger has famously said “if you won’t solve a problem while it’s solvable and wait till it’s unfixable, you can argue that you were foolish enough to deserve the problem”.

So accept the reality with full force. Especially the parts of reality that you don’t like. Become like a flight black box recorder - that once a flight crashes and the mistake gets captured in the black box - it makes all future flights world over safe from that one problem.

Life isn’t easy and so is investing. All of us have our own share of failures and mistakes. But we all need to deal with the reality lest the reality will deal with us, and when that happens, it is often not pleasant. And dealing with reality has two steps: a) accepting our mistakes and b) making sure not to repeat it.

And may I suggest don’t harbour any negative feeling towards this advisor. Maybe you can write a letter thanking him for this important lesson which will make you multiple times of money you have lost (I am sorry but munnabhai gandhi was an inspiring movie). Stay positive and good things will happen to you and good people will associate with you.

Wish you good luck in your investing journey.

3 Likes

I will be soon sharing my current portfolio on the forum in a new link for
people to analyse.
Listed Companies.
With Reasoning.
Keep Watch when posted.
The Tagline will by
"Ayush’s Portfolio - The Foolish Trader Trying to Become an Investor"