Raymond - The Complete Man

While I am on vacation, out of curiosity I visited Raymond shop in my home town Hubli (Karnataka).
Its company owned and company operated, I came out very pleased.
Its only 6 months since they have opened it, they havnt had a lot of traction yet, very little footfall, the sales guy talked to me for a bit. I saw 2 customers around lunch time, in the suitings area.
The store looked very upscale and in best order. in 1st floor, they had mostly suitings in different range, all looked very premium, for me personally they looked reasonably priced.
The same floor also had some mix of premium casuals, quality of products was very impressive. Price range varied.

Then I spent a bit of time in 2nd floor where it was exclusively ethniqs store. The store settings, interiors , decorative, and quality of products, everything was I should say was very pleasing. The sales guy said, no one in the town yet know about ethniqs from Raymond, he said very little foot fall yet. He agreed it needs time. He said every customer that walks in in the suitings area is encouraged to look at ethniqs.
I thought its on the right track. I had listened to couple of earnings calls, I wasn’t very happy with their answers about traction in Ethniq stores, after I visited just for 45 mins, I couldnt agree more with management, their answers were good reflection of whats happening in store. It needs time, especially in metros, it can get a good footfall.
50 mtsrs across, I walked into a Manyavar store, may be a 15ft by 15ft store, non ac, but full of products. 1 sales guy. He said store is 10 year old, in wedding season, after 6pm, they cant manage to serve customers, in off season he mentioned it does rs30-40k a day, in season, about an avg of Rs1.5 lac a day. He said most people in town know the store.
Price was high for products and their settings.
I came out thinking Raymond store is a customer delight, but dont know about economics. However, comparing Manyavar and Raymond store, the choice for me was obvious, Raymond was class apart, Raymond prices were in line with Manyavar or marginally discounted, and had more varieties to my surprise. I give full points to Raymond store, it needs time, but in metros they will take a good market share in due course.
I would appreciate if someone in metro can confirm.

5 Likes

“Reserved for orders” - the latest status on the merger proposal from NCLT. As there seems to be no objection, this would result in approval soon?

https://nsearchives.nseindia.com/corporate/RAYMOND_14062024191001_SEintimation.pdf

Seems like they will approve the demerger.

Today, NCLT has approved the demerger of Raymond Ltd. The record date for getting shares of Raymond Lifestyle Limited(RLL) will be announced separately.

1 Like

Now that we expect the new shares to be listed in August (from their CFO in some interview), how will the price discovery work out (Raymond Ltd & Raymond Lifestyle)?

The easiest approximation would be to valuate the 2 companies based on the ratio of shares offered for “Newco”, it turns out to be Newco will be 45% of the current valuation and 55% is the rest of The “Raymond”. Thats the conservative estimation. Then, down the line few months market values them based on underlying assets and prospects/future of growth.

2 Likes

Raymond to demerge its Real Estate Business. 1 share of Raymond Realty against 1 share of Raymond Ltd.
Raymond Realty Demerger.pdf (2.1 MB)

Thank you. As per exchange intimation today, there is going to be a 3rd listed entity.

Post demerger of Raymond Lifestyle, the Raymond Ltd wants to demerge the real estate division into a new (to be listed) company called Raymond Realty Ltd with 1:1 share issue ratio.

Post this, the three companies will have the following businesses

1. Raymond Ltd: Engineering business, JV with Denim
  2. Raymond Realty Ltd: Real Estate business
  3. Raymond Lifestyle: Textiles, Apparel etc.,

In all likelihood, there could be a 4th company as they already announced carving a separate entity within the engineering business that would focus primarily on A&D sector.

All the above citing enhancing shareholder value. I hope that happens.

5 Likes

Will this go through NCLT process OR does it require just SEBI approval and new RRL can be listed in a rather shorter time?

It will need to go through NCLT process. It generally takes around 12-18 months like it did in the demerger of RCCL from Raymond Ltd. More details must have been shared on the conference call.

1 Like

Yes, I attended the call. The CFO indicated it would take 15-16 months for the new Raymond Realty Ltd to get listed as it has to go through the NCLT, SEBI processes

3 Likes

valuation after split.

1 Like

When garment business will be listed & under what name?

When Garment business will be listed and under what name?

May I know how you came up with the equity capital & no of shares post split up?

11th July is record date.
listing date no declared.

changing face value. 10 to 2
watch total equity is the same.
already disclose by co.

Post de-merger of lifestyle & realty businesses, the equity for the three companies will be as below

1. Raymond Ltd (RL) - 6.67 crore equity shares with FV of 10

2. Raymond Lifestyle Ltd (RLL) - 6.06 crore shares with FV of 2

3. Raymond Realty Ltd (RRL) - 6.67 crore shares with FV of 10

It would be better to assign value basis above numbers.

Also, the lifestyle business had an extraordinary income in the last fiscal due to sale of FMCG business. As it is non-recurring, it is best to not consider that amount of profit for determining valuation on a PE basis.

1 Like

If you follow this matrix then (6.67+ 6.06 + 6.67) =19.4
Then old equity is not same like new one.