Praj Industries

How to find out the order book of a company by quarter
ly basis?

Click the link above and you ll find it in the investor presentation for each quarter

4 Likes

Ethanol technology is available with many vendors and I do not see any exclusivity with Praj Industries. Just found that small unknown company like Excel are also capable of supplying this technology. Apart from this ISGEC is also having execution capabilities for Ethanol.

ISGEC | Ethanol Plant | Ethanol Plant Supplier| Process House Equipment.
TERMOMECCANICA Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) Plants - TECHPERT

Since there is no exclusive and superior technology with Praj for Ethanol, it will be very difficult for negotiating high margin.

Also from some sources I have found out that in some cases Praj is now bidding for entire Project which apart from supply of Ethanol plant includes other construction related works. This will have positive impact on overall order inflow but then we will have to settle with lower margins.
Time stamp 34.40

Further with regard to 2G technology where the company has first mover advantage, the technology is yet to prove its commercial viability. Mr Joshipuria has smartly avoided answering directly to question related to IRR of 2g project in concal at time stamp PRAJIND Stock | Praj Industries Ltd Q1 FY22 Earnings Concall - YouTube. But admits at later part of the Concal that at least for next 2 to 3 years there will not be much of traction in 2G space.
In case 2G technology is commercial not viable then we will have to rely only on government projects in India. May be the Company will see traction overseas i.e Europe and USA.
CBG space will see traction after 18 to 24 months but viability is still a question???.

I some how feel lack of fire in the belly of management.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/plans2.cms?dc=ETPRFREDMP
Disclosure : Invested from lower levels and booked profit in 50% holding at higher levels around 360.

8 Likes

Ethanol story is most probably priced in as far as India is concerned. Now CBG, Hi purity business, Zero liquid discharge business and renewable chemical business. These are possible future trigger for the company. Market size for CBG is known but remaining business which are potentially growth business with tail wind behind it but opportunity size is not known.

3 Likes

Wanted to know if you have received the dividend

I totally agree with you price fluctuation is common in stocks, just wanted to know any reasons from business perspective that leads to this type of activity

1 Like

The order book intake has been poor for the past 2 quarters given the euphoria about the whole ethanol drive. The MD dodged my question on order book in the q1fy22 call. What I understand is that till environment clearance is not recevied by companies they don’t give an order to praj. We all know how much time EC approval takes in various states and therfore there is a lag in order bookings by praj.

Ideally for ethanol to be successful the govt could have had a single window clearance in various states but that is not so

8 Likes

I recently saw on the EC website that some distilleries which have applied for EC’s in Feb have received the clearance in June - so roughly 3/4 months. Besides, some 8-10 new EC’s have been applied from various companies in this time period of which 2-3 projects, from my recollection, were big capacities 200 KLPD.
From what I have read and heard from ministry interviews, Niti Aayog report and EC website it seems to me that the govt. is dead focused on Ethanol story.

Discl: Not invested, actively following the story.

7 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Out of 12 plants, 6 were already ordered 1.5 years back. Praj was awarded 4 plants. Scope of work for Praj is 200 to 300 Cr per plants.

4 Likes

Valuation estimates is based on FY23.

For newcomers, this article will give some good understanding on the business of Praj.

3 Likes

I thought earlier that Ethanol story is already priced in around current price but now with new possible development that is flex fuel engine if materialize it has long way to go. Though have to work on some data crunching and more information /understanding about new development.
Currently technology is available for E85 where 85% ethanol can be blend with petrol. As Gadkari indicates if OEM are required to start work on Flexf uel cars on earliest then there will be a multifold demand for ethanol in 2/3 years down the line.
Now question is have we enough raw material that is currently Sugarcane available in enough qty?
I don’t think so. So 1 G plant will have limited capacity expansion going forward and 2 G plant will be major Ethanol supply machine. Though in theory and pilot plant level 2G technology is successful but we only know within 1 year whether it is commercially viable or not when one of the OMC’s plant start functioning.

4 Likes

Flex fuel :fuelpump: is becoming like everyone’s neighbourhood story.

Does anyone have stats on how much 400 crore litres of ethanol save how much of our dollar outgo for crude procurements…

2 Likes

Good results.

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=45e31fdf-df55-4f73-b3b8-cee281f713fe

1 Like

Food security v/s fuel security?

Came across this critical review of the Ethanol Blending Policy of the GOI. Key points:

• Policy focusses on ethanol production from sugar molasses, rice, corn and other food grains
  • Environmental advantages are miniscule
  • Current availability of E5, E10 is sparse and E20 is highly uncertain
  • Adaptability of engines for E20 fuels v/s regular fuels may pose some degree of risk
  • Focus on 2 Gen ethanol generation would be beneficial, rather than compromise on food security

https://www.newsclick.in/Push-Ethanol-Blended-Petrol-Road-that-Leads-Nowhere

1 Like

Its system generate thread not sure on the reality of the news.

1 Like

Is Praj Industries will get any benefits from this??

1 Like

1 Like

CARE Ratings Webinar - Ethanol blending - Structural change for sugar industry

1 Like