Portfolio Analysis - Shailesh

Shailesh ji, I am always polite with everybody. I am confused , why you got that impression. May be if its about JL Colins video, then i would like to clarify that I think ,In his own interview, he has told that this video doesnot feature him but his look-alike.
also I am a regular reader of Collins Blog and also read his book…so I am aware about his thinking.

also I requested you to write your view point to Index Investing on two points :

1. Mean Reversion ( Howard Marks)
  2. Randomness playing out ( Nassim Taleb)

Kindly shed some light…( Please pardon me, if my words dont convey my politeness…But rest assured, i m polite at my heart and with good intentions)

2 Likes

This is a topic in itself. Both have their advantages and limitations. Obviously this being VP, the pendulum swings towards stocks. But there are threads and occasional posts on index investing too.

If you are interested, I would suggest you to open a separate thread regarding the same and post your views there, thereby you can get more response.

2 Likes
  1. Mean Reversion : works when structural story of business / country is intact … Like Japan never mean reverted … Lot of stock market story / analysis is based on US markets so it may not be true and relevant for other countries … But on relative basis … Index has better chance of Mean reversion than Stocks

2. Randomness : In short term Randomness & Luck plays out a lot , so it is important not be think that as Trend … Real Trend is build through structural factors …

Completed 9 years operating Scode APP driven fundamental investing - Focus on Multi Asset Strategy

Would like share current construct and returns to people who are interested

Risk / Return profiles

Most of stock and Debt instruments owned under portfolio are part of respective stock threads

Here the investment philosophy is more important than individual stock story

7 Likes

It’s amazing the way you strategize your investments!

Can you elaborate more on what is the investment philosophy?

Also what part of this philosophy or strategy made your portfolio deliver 25% returns in last 1 year in this difficult market? And a 19% CAGR over last 5 years?

Do you see any scope of improvement , not in returns because already that’s top notch, but in any areas of strategy in last 5 years…and why?

I have been reading your posts, threads and admiring your unique views many times but unable to understand what your strategy is, what are the building blocks of it…would be great to know that…thanks

First each one of us has to devise our own investment philosophy that suit our risk profile - otherwise execution is difficult .

Can it be improved … Yes - I still make lot of mistakes

Know thyself is important . I am very conservative investor - I want lot of margin of safety in my stocks and debt instruments .

If you read this thread , I have articulated my investment strategy in detail in past

Key is

1. Clear asset allocation strategy … Know when you invest in debt ( long duration vs liquid vs Quasi Bond) , equity ( across sectors and market caps )

2. Even with simple 4 simple ETF like NV20 , Midcap 150 , Gsec ETF and cash( liquid fund) you can get very close this number

But be disciplined

1 Like

To be clear, not asking for any advice, just as you started this thread idea was to understand your strategy better.

I have my own and no intention to replicate yours or anyone else

Not looking for advice or have any need to reach your numbers , although I did admire it but that’s about it.

Still not able to understand your strategy clearly. I have read your thread before from start.

It must be my bad not having understood clearly but that’s fine.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes

1 Like

SInce I have recd this query , I try to document my SCODE app logic and broad principle for people who want to adopt .

SCODE APP CODE logic plays in space of holding stocks between 3 - 7 years .

PHILIOSOPHY

BROAD ACTION MATRIX -

Hope you all find it useful

6 Likes

View 2024 …

II have updated my portfolio view in this thread

1 Like