Point & Figure Charting

Sunil,

I do not consider volumes but just have a cursory glance. Usually breakouts either way happen with volumes.

If I come across any site showing volumes, will put it up here.

Tony

Tony,

Could you give TA for LiC housing finance, Bank Nify n EIl please?

_**

RK,

CANARA BANK (238)

On the Point and Figure charts, the stock broke the resistance at 230 and now meets resistance at 245-265-280-290. Presently on a pull back and in the X column though on a SELL signal. Support is at 210 the previous low.

On the candle sticks, the RSI at 72 and CCI at 368 both are in overbought territory. The CCI is trending lower and some correction can be expected. It meets with resistance at 270 a very strong resistance zone as it is the 200 day EMA, if it breaks out of this then the next upward move will be faster. Support is at 230-225 levels.

Tony

Hello Thankyou

**_

IDFC (112)

The stock is on a BUY signal and in the X column. The next resistance is at 116-122 and 138. Support at 110-90-88.

On the candle sticks the stock has just broken out of the 200 day EMA at 109. A positive sign and one can expect higher levels from here. The RSI is at 80 and CCI at 347 are overbought. Support is at 105 and 99.

It is after a very long time that the stock has managed to break out above the 200 day EMA. This is a very positive development. Lets watch if it can sustain the level.

Tony

Ankit,

A lot of sector churning is happening at the moment. Defensive sectors are out of vogue and hence the corrections in Pharma sector.

SHILPA (346)

The stock made a high of 380 and now giving up some gains. It is in the O column indicating more sellers than buyers. Next support is at 290-285 and 240.

On the candle sticks, the RSI at 47 and CCI at -15 are both falling. This indicates the correction happening. The correction is still not over and lower levels can be expected. Support is at 340-315 and 245. It should hold around 315 or else 245 is a good area to get into the stock.

Tony

ALEMBIC PHARMA (264)

After making a new high of 310, the stock has given up gains. It is in the O column indicating more sellers. Support is at 245-215. The latter is a strong support zone. If it breaks 215 then the next level is at 195. Resistance will be at 310 the previous high.

With both RSI at 69 and CCI at 64 trending lower, more correction is likely. It has support at 250-235 and 190. The last level is a very strong support as this is the 200 day EMA. One can accumulate around 190-215 levels.

Tony

CNX PHARMA:(7752)

http://chartink.com/stocks/cnxpharma.html

One can look at the chart of Pharma. It has broken the 50 day EMA of 7826 and now looks to trend lower. Watch the RSI and CCI at -102 falling continuously. The correction for this sector is not yet over. However, this will present good buying opportunities for stocks in this sector. Be a contrarian and BUY when others SELL. Wait for more time and you will be able to do some cherry picking.

Tony

Tony, One Small Doubt when i checked on CHARTINK it shows the following values

**RSI[14] is 72 AND CCI[20] at 269 for a 6 months time frame

**On Google Finance

**RSI[14] is 72 and CCI[20] at 225 for the same time. which one is correct or am i missing something .

**Thankyou **

**RKASI

Vivek: (232)

On the Point and Figure chart, the stock is on a BUY signal and in the X column. After making a Double Top at 220 the stock made another Double Top at 230. Next resistance it at 240-260-270. Support is at 225-220-190-180.

On candle sticks chart the Stock has supports at 220-205. The RSI is at 84 and CCI at 324 both in overbought territory. Some pull back can happen but the trend seems up at the moment as the stock is trading above the 200 day EMA.

Tony

BANK NIFTY (12108)

On the Point and Figure charts the Bank Nifty is on a BUY signal. The next resistance is at 12200 and 12600-13000. Support is at 11500 which is strong and then at 11200.

On the candle stick both the RSI and CCI are in overbought territory at 87 and 315. After breaking the 200 day EMA at 10927, the Bank Nifty gave a break out to touch 12100. Some more upward move is likely after it breaks 12200.

Tony

RK,

It is better to stick to any one with which you are comfortable. Don’t dabble with two sites or you will be in a big confusion.

Tony

andCCI at 368

_**

Tony,

** valuesRSI[14] **

_**

**On Google Finance

RSI[14] **_

**Thankyou **

**RKASI

**_

Corrigendum

The stock analysed below is LIC HOUSING FINANCE.

Tony

Tony ,

What is your view on Sensex?Where do you see it with respect to big event happening in next 60 days?

Nani,

A lot of people are always interested in knowing the future. I am no astrologer. Instead of looking at the upside, one should try to look at the safety net, the downside. Today the markets are making new highs and so one can presume that the trend in up. However, on the downside I can say that the first short term support is now at 6400. If this breaks, then we could go all the way down to 5950-5750-5550. The last support will tell us if the trend is going to change as the markets will be trading below the BULLISH SUPPORT LINE and will turn weak.

Instead of asking the future, it is time to list stocks which you would like to SELL if the fundamentals do not warrant the share price and which stocks should be on the BUY list if the markets crack. This is a better way to prepare oneself for the future.

As for me I keep preparing myself for the downside. Anything on the upside is a bonus.

Tony

Very well said Tony. Really appreciate your sagely advice :slight_smile:

Hi Tony,

Do you consider volume in your TA.

Chartinks or other site provides either BSE or NSE volume. Is there any way or any site which provides sum of BSE and NSE volume?

Dear Tony How does L& T finance appear to you technically ?

Vivek,

I had a look at your portfolio. I must say you have done a good job, except Natco which is late entrant and a high price.

L&T FINANCE: (74.30)

The stock is in the O column but on a BUY signal. It has support at 68 and then 64. Below 64 it will turn weak as it will fall below the Bullish Support Line. Resistance is at 88.

On the candle sticks, the stock has support at 73 and then 72. Both are key support areas. The latter is the 200 day SMA. If it falls below this one can expect a big correction. Watch these levels carefully. Both RSI at 53 and CCI at -39 are still falling downwards. Hence more correction can be expected in the stock.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please give your view on Astral, VST Tillers, JB Chem and Yes Bank

I have just started learning charts based on your suggestions and trying to understand the correlations ofCCI, RSI and EMA - 200 and 50 days on the stock prices. My obersvations on for the above stocks

1. Astral Poly - The CCI is at 349 and RSI at 96, showing its in highly bought territory and may trend down. Hence, is it the right time to book partial profits and wait for corrections.
  2. VST Tillers - It is making new highs daily. The CCI for the stock is at 800, which is in highly overbought territory. Again time to book profits and wait for corrections
  3. JB Chem - The CCI is at -169 and RSI at 45, and the stock seems to consolidating in the price range of 120 - 125 for some time now. Is it the right time to enter this stock.
  4. Yes Bank - Looking at the EMA, the 50 day EMA has cut the 200 day EMA from below, which shows signs of a huge price breakout in the upward direction.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs on how to read the charts correctly.

Rgds

Vijay

Dear Tony

Can you give TA of Banco Products?

Regards