Point & Figure Charting

Pankaj,

So very nice of you. These small acts makes this place wholesome and useful to all. Each persons contribution however small is important.

Tony

Tony

Chartnexus.com free…

ChartNexus Charting Software

Parvez,

Have noted your request. Will send it shortly to you.

Tony

Gracias!!! I owe my technical interest to you!! Will include bollinger bands going forward.

Technical analysis also teaches you patience which is needed in stock market. I will now patiently buy rather than jumping the gun only to see stock tracing a downward graph.

Hi Tony

How is Hawkins placed technically? Based on CCI Looks like 1750-1800 before another attempt towards 2000. Is this correct?

Dear Tony

How are you able to say where the CCI and RSI of a particular stock was at a later date. Obviously you can"t be manually keep recording all these values of all the stocks ( or you are doing it for select stocks?).CCI can be both - or + right? When you say cutting from down, suppose it is -140 last week and - 120 yesterday and -100 today, would that be a good time to buy? alternatively when a stock is 140 last week, 120 yesterday and 100 today, will it be a good time to sell?

Regards

Ashwin,

No one can track all the stocks. I have repeatedly said over here, that the first thing to do is to find fundamentally good stocks. Valuepickr is a good resource. Once you have that list, then you can manually track the CCI everyday. Your understanding of cci is correct as expressed below. The Buy and Sell levels mentioned are correct. Now apply the same. You could start with making some simulated purchases offline and see how it works.

Latest examples are Astral Poly and Mayur Uniquoters. Watch their CCI. Look at Pidilite and Yes Bank. So also Asian Paints.

Give me your feedback.

Yes.I keep track of stocks in my portfolio and note down cci levels everyday. That helped pick stocks at lowest levels. Added Astral and Mayur before they zoomed. So with Ajanta Pharma.

Tony

Ravi,

I know how happy you are feeling. There are good videos on YouTube explaining Bollinger Bands. Spend time mastering it. I am sure with your focus you will be able to make the right Buy and Sell decisions. Do keep giving feedback. It acts as a tonic and motivation to fellow readers of the post.

Currently watching Atul Ltd. Good stock fundamentally and technically. Read chart of Aban and Selan. It will show the effect of CCI.

Tony

Dear Tony,

I was trying to analyze Technical Indicators of Atul Auto…CCI is coming at -98…

I feel this is the right time to enter Atul Auto as per technical indicators…

Fundamentally the scrip is Solid…n Management commentary was to the point and there is huge scope in coming years…

Please let me know your views on Atul Auto …

Regards,

Ashish

Hello Tony,

Can you please send me a copy of the book “Point and Figure charting”?

My email is pinkuh at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Parvez

I think I am wrong…I would again study and do technical analysis of Atul Auto n Mayur Uniquoters…Thanks Tony you have been really a source of inspiration…

Parvez,

Have noted your request. Will send it shortly to you.

Tony

Hello Tony,

Thanks

Parvez

Hello Ashish,

I must congratulate you on making an attempt. The stock pick is good but a slight confusion on CCI.

It shows -21.7 on the chart. If you would have tracked it a little earlier you could have got it around. 270-79. Currently taking support at 50 day EMA. The RSI is sloping down too. You may try a buy around 275-80 range. This I say because markets are weak and auto stocks are out of fashion. Watch Eicher Motors.

If you need any help do write to me. The CCI reading is displayed on left hand top corner of CCI indicator.

Tony

Dear Tony,

Bingo :slight_smile: Thanks very much…Yes I did check again and then checked 2 month charts of Atul Auto…

Technical analysis is interesting…

Eicher charts look interesting on CCI n RSI front…

Ashish

Since a lot of readers are interested in CCI I am attaching an excel sheet of random stocks showing CCI levels on a daily basis. This sheet is updated by my daughters on a daily basis.

The stocks included are not my recommendations for buying.

You can create your own too.

Tony

CCI-and-EMA.xlsx (44.2 KB)

Hi Tony,

I have done a bit technical analysis on Auto Auto and below are my conclusions, request your time on this please.

Candle stick:

1). Currently, the CCI is at 39 and not a buy. Wait for CCI to reach around -100 and initiate buy.

2). From Bollinger bands, it is between 200-340 and also does not quite suggest a buy right away at current price of 283.

Point and Figure:

1). Currently, more sellers than buyers but not quite on a sell signal, but a price below would suggest a sell with next support at 235.

Taking all this into consideration on purely technical basis, I would wait now rather than buy and do the below

a. If it falls below 270, look to short

b. if it reaches 235, initiate starting buy position

c. if it crosses 310, I will initiate a buy

Please let me know your feedback on my analysis which will give great strength.

Thank you again.

HELLO TONY

i am new to this forum. found ur thread really good… TA is becoming more interesting for me. as i m checking my knowledge after reading ur post…

has ajanta pharma again formed tripple top at 980…???

So is it a buy signal?

regards,

rakesh

Ravi,

I have read your analysis and appreciate your dedication. Will be giving my detailed analysis on this stock both, from the short term and long term point of view.

In the mean time, I have decided to acknowledge your hard work and will send you a book the title of which i will not disclose. Please give me your email id so that i can send it to you.

Henceforth, all those who work hard and put in their best foot forward will receive a book from me. So guys work harder and share your knowledge. I have noticed Ashwin and now Rajesh trying out their analysis too. Keep it up!

Tony

Candle stick:

1). Currently, the CCI

2). From Bollinger bands,

Point and Figure:

1).

Ravi,

I know how happy you are feeling. There are good videos on YouTube explaining Bollinger Bands. Spend time mastering it. I am sure with your focus you will be able to make the right Buy and Sell decisions. Do keep giving feedback. It acts as a tonic and motivation to fellow readers of the post.

Currently watching Atul Ltd. Good stock fundamentally and technically. Read chart of Aban and Selan. It will show the effect of CCI.

Tony

Rakesh,

A warm Welcome to Technical Analysis especially Point and Figure. Please give me your email id so that I can send you a book on Point and Figure. It is the bible on the subject.

I have seen your analysis and will comment on it shortly with complete explanation.

Tony

Thank you Tony. My email ID is raviteja02 at gmail.

Also, Based on your excel, I’m also going to track technical parameters of my stocks. There is no short cut to success but to do the hardwork and manually note things down. Your approach is very practical.

Tony,

thank u for ur generous gesture…

my mail id is drrakeshsonawane at gmail dot com.

looking forward for ur comments on ajanta pharma…

regards,

Rakesh

Hello!

As promised I have sent you the book. Now for Ajanta.

AJANTA (950)

You have rightly said that it made a Triple Top at 980. Currently the stock has pulled back from 1000 but is on a BUY signal. Strong stocks are good to BUY on pull backs. Now the stock has resistance at 980 and 1020.

For a clearer understanding, I will narrate the analysis of Ajanta from December 2013:

The stock made a new High of 1020 in December, 2013 and then pulled back. It made a Double Bottom at 920 in January 2014 and gave a SELL signal at 900. However, this was a weak SELL signal as the stock reversed back. It made a DOUBLE TOP at 980 and reversed and made a DOUBLE BOTTOM at 900 and gave a SELL signal in February to touch a low of 780. With BUYERS emerging at new lows, it reversed and made a TRIPLE TOP at 980 and gave a BUY signal at 1000.

Currently it is on a BUY signal. It will meet strong resistance at 980 and again at 1020 the previous new high. Strong support for this stock is at 780 where it had earlier made a TRIPLE TOP and will make a DOUBLE BOTTOM at 780 if the stock touches this level again.

Hope my explanation is clear to you and all readers.

TONY

TRIPLE TOP

As the name suggests, this is a chart pattern where the stock has reached the same price level thrice and was unable to surpass it. This means that whenever a stock reaches a particular price level it is unable to exceed that particular price as more sellers than buyers come and sell at this price which eventually leads to price fall. The only way we will know that selling pressure has exhausted is when the price breaks out of this level and exceeds this particular price resistance.

To make it easy for you to understand I have attached the chart of Ajanta Pharma where the stock first made a triple top at 170 then at 440 and now recently at 620.

Further note that the stock has been making Higher Tops and Higher Bottoms which is a bullish sign. This is evident from the price of Ajanta Pharma which has moved from 145 in August 2011 to 667 in March 2013. This is one of my favourite stocks which has given me huge returns

HELLO TONY

i

** post…has **

** 980…???So **

signal?

regards,

rakesh

Ravi,

Your analysis on Atul Auto is partly right on Point and Figure charts. Please read my analysis below:

In January 2014, the stock made a DOUBLE TOP at 300 and then again at 310 which was the previous high. It met with selling pressure and reversed. Currently, the stock is trading in the O column indicating more SELLERS than BUYERS. It has made a TRIPLE BOTTOM at 280 which is acting as a strong support. It it breaks this support then the next support is at 270 where it will make an extended TRIPLE BOTTOM, which will again be the next strong support. Thereafter, it has support at 260 where it had made a DOUBLE TOP earlier and then 235.

Ravi! you missed the intermediate supports and went straight to 235.

Will send my analysis on candle sticks a little later.

Tony

Hi Tony

I think the chartlink.com does not support any alerts as of now. Do you know if there is any site which provides the alert capability for example to send an alert when the RSI is less than 40 and CCI has crossed over -100 from below?

Thanks and Regards

Sudheendra