Piramal Enterprises Ltd

News on Shriram group of companies getting reorganized on BSE - PowerPoint Presentation (bseindia.com)

Seems the PEL current holding will collapse into the listed company “Shriram Finance” as per slide 5.

SBCPL (Shrilekha Business Consultancy P Ltd) which is the investment vehicle (75% PEL holding, 25% Shriram Ownership Trust) holds 26.68% in Shriram Capital of the merging companies. This translates in PEL holding effectively 20% of Shriram Capital. PEL bought this stake for 2,014Cr in 2014. Also PEL holds 10% (or 65,79,840 shares) in Shriram City.

Per my rough calculations PEL will hold 17.23% in Shriram Finance. Can someone help to validate this % independently? [Edited 22nd Dec 2021- This will be 6.42% of SF, I had a mistake in earlier calculation, corrected that in the Google Sheets]

Not sure what is the total valuation of Shriram Finance, we need to calculate this.

1. MCAP of Shriram City and Shriram Transport is 14K Cr + 40K Cr = 54K Cr. Shriram Capital is unlisted, so need to see the valuation report to get the amount.
  2. Combined AUM is 1.5Trillion Rupees, i.e. 1,500,000,000,000 or 150,000 Cr. How do we value from the AUM?

My Calculations Are here: ShriramAnalysis - Google Sheets

2 Likes