Oriental Carbon and Chemicals Ltd

Anti-dumping probe initiated on ‘insoluble sulphur’ imports from China, Japan - The Hindu BusinessLine.

May cause minimal impact as already the company has more than than 50 percentage market share in India and 90 percentage of the insoluble sulpher are exported .
Global market share 10 percentage

2 Likes
7 Likes

One of largest trucking company is US yellow has gone bust…

Clearly people are unable to make their car payments

1 Like

The demerger of the company has been approved by NCLT.

Update from OCCL to BSE: https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/005a60dd-15b0-484d-ad92-950c264d9d0f.pdf

5 Likes

Anyone has any idea about Oriental Carbon? What is going on?. It had demerged and now there would be two entities - Oriental Carbon & Chemicals Limited and OCCL Limited. Would existing shareholders be receiving the shares of OCCL Limited?

Yes, wait a couple of weeks for it to show up in your portfolio.

1 Like

If one has to choose between two Oriental Carbon & Chemicals Limited and OCCL Limited. which looks good for long term holding

The holiding company has 100 Cr of mutual funds on book as well as 100Cr of private equity (at least that’s what its valued on paper). If the holding company goes below 150 Cr I am buying, if it goes above 300 Cr, I am out of there. In between, I ll just be there for the ride.

The chemical business, at less than 500 Cr starts getting reasonably valued. Its a tiny company, so might swing a lot. Fun times!

3 Likes

Can anyone help me understand the discrepancy on OCCL price in Zerodha vs Screener ? As per zerodha it’s the historic price is not readjusted yet while it’s already ex de-merger price in Screener.
Screener showing 40% return in past 1 month (150-220 CMP) while zerodha is showing 10% return from 205/209 -220 CMP).
In my understanding Screener price ex-date is wrong and it should be~200 (days open price).
Someone with past experience in demerger or calculation of Screener/Zerodha, please share your views.

1 Like

this does not include stake of duncan engineering. Duncan engineering take with Oriental carbon seems to be 100 cr as per its today’s valuation. also the private investments seem to be valued at cost. their fair value might be much higher. but holding company discount might also apply.
Disc- Invested

2 Likes

I’m relatively new to stock analysis. So, please bear with my basic level questions.

Below is a screenshot from FY2022-23 Annual Report,

1. Is the 75Cr Trade-Receivable part of the total Revenue of 456Cr?
  2. If yes, shouldn’t the 75Cr be removed from Cash-Flow statement as it is yet to be realized?
  3. If no, where is the Trade-Receivable accounted from previous year in this year’s cash-flow?

trade recievables are removed from cashflows as they are non-cash.
The outstanding recievables could include revenue of prior period or current period (it depends on the aging of the recievable)

Does anybody have the historical sales volume figures of OCCL

Also what is the major component of raw material. Is it naphthenic oil (linked to crude)?

experts please to shed light.

1 Like

great article on OCCL

Insoluble sulfur is primarily derived from petroleum-based raw materials, such as industrial and common sulfur. The price of insoluble sulfur is therefore linked to global crude oil prices