My Top 5 Investment Basics Books, & why?

Thanks for the Valubale suggestion, To add to above list , Saurabh Mukherjee Books - Diamond in the dust, Coffee Can Investing, are also worth reading

1 Like

hello sir ,
could you please shae the template excel

4 Likes

Hello VP Members & Admin,

I would like to add my top 5 books that helped to create, shape my habits and approach to pick investments.

1. Richest Men in Babylon & Rich Dad Poor Dad Cash Flow Quadrant - These are two different books, but both are very basics for me to understand the framework to start savings as a habit & how to differentiate the cashflows in personal finance.

For short description about the books:

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad (Guide to investing) - This books really gave me the clarity on the amount of effort I need put, to learn about the investment opportunities (basically building assets).

2. Intelligent Investor - this is were i learned about mutual fund investments, direct investments and debt instruments. Even thought i didn’t grasp all the information at first read, but got the ideas on how to start the investments in equity market.

3. Learn to Earn & One Up on wall street - these books helped me to understand the logical reasoning behind equity investments and how to identify the investments.

4. Fundamental Analysis for Dummies - as above mentioned books gave me ideas to identify the ideas to invest, this book gave me clarity to measure the valuation by reading the financial statements.

To be honest, above mentioned books are the ones helped me shape my mind but actually learning never stopped. let me know if you would like to know about others books I would recommend.

5 Likes
  1. Why stocks go up and down by William Pike
    This book provides a sound understanding of the fundamentals of investing in stocks and bonds. The book explains the basics of financial statements and analysis, cash flow generation, stock price valuation, and more. It goes well beyond most introductory books. It is perfect for readers with little or no background in investing and is certain to add value for experienced investors as well.

Who should read this book? New investors who want a solid background in stock and bond fundamentals. Anyone planning to take an introductory accounting or investment course. Readers of popular investment books who encounter terms or concepts they do not understand.
2. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine is a nonfiction book by Michael Lewis about the build-up of the United States housing bubble during the 2000s. It was released on March 15, 2010, by W. W. Norton & Company. Wikipedia

1 Like