My Portfolio - Need you valuable feedback

@anirband87

As you mentioned in your remarks,the portfolio seems financials heavy. Almost 75% skewed towards financials. I think concentration towards only one sector is always risky because if something negative happens to the sector, the portfolio can bleed heavily.

I think you can consider more structural stories from other sectors besides financials. Sectors that immediately come to mind are consumer appliances, retail, FMCG, companies like asian paints or pidilite (not necessarily the same but something similar which doesnt entail risk of quick disruption and still has a long way to grow.)

2 Likes

Thank you @hitesh2710 for your valuable feedback. I am working to add consumer/tech/FMCG stocks. I am also not too comfortable concentrating in one sector. The good point is that I am expecting to double my portfolio size in next 6 months, so financial weightage would come below 40% automatically.

Got out of Multibase @ 70% loss. Also practical lesson learnt on liquidity risk. I have never previously lost this much amount of portfolio (in both absolute and % terms) in one single position in last 6 years!

Latest portfolio as of today:

Bandhan - 18%
HDFC Bank - 12%
Piramal Enterprise - 12%
Amazon.com Inc - 12%
Godrej Consumer - 10%
Page Industries - 10%
Marico - 9%
ITC - 8%
3M - 5%
Honeywell - 5%

Exits since last update:
In profit: HDFC AMC, HDFC Life, Bajaj Finance
In loss: Edelweiss

Had taken a larger tactical position in Bandhan when it corrected before the merger. I had plan to reduce when the merger completes. But due to recent drop in price in last few days, will hold it out for some more time as I expect price to recover. Long term will reduce Bandhan to ~10-12% and move the allocation to bottom 4 in the portfolio/watchlist stocks.
Overall portfolio is up in single digit. Piramal, Godrej Consumer and ITC are relatively for shorter holding duration and will be happy to move the money to watchlist stocks at favorable prices.

Watchlist: Bata, Abbott, Pidilite, HDFC AMC, Bajaj Finance

2 Likes

Any reason for exiting HDFC AMC, HDFC Life and Bakshi Finance?

Hdfc Life was a tactical position that I took before the election (my portfolio was around 75% invested in financial sector at that time). Bought at around 400 levels and sold at 25% profit. I don’t understand insurance sector well enough to put it in core holding.

Sold Hdfc Amc and Bajaj Finance due to valuation concern. They are in my watchlist and will be happy to re-enter when they reach my buy price.

How do you view PEL’s financial division. While has brought down wholesale book and reduced sourcing of funds through CP, the cost of funds at around 11% is still very high. How do you view this?

The borrowing cost for PEL will remain high due to wholesale heavy loan book and high single borrower default risk. Management is working on these aspects and we can expect borrowing cost to go down with increase in retail percentage and more granular loan book. We should also consider that PEL is lending at high rates.

What I am focussing on is that NIM is more than 5%, D/E ratio is comfortable (2.3 x including Shriram investment) and no ALM mismatch. Source: Q2 result presentation.

Hi, I am 35 years old with following SIP portfolio with current total SIP of INR 24k. I plan to increase investment by 20% every year and have a target of 2.5 to 3 crore in next 15 years.
I need to know if below mix of funds in portfolio has the right balance and can help achieve the target and if there is a change required please suggest.

1. 2500 (since Jun’19) - SBI Technology Opportunities Fund - Regular Plan - Gr
  2. 3000 (since Jun’19) - Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund - Gr
  3. 5000 (since May’19) - Kotak Standard Multicap Fund - Gr
  4. 5500 (since Oct’18) - ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund - Gr
  5. 3000 (since Aug’15) - Franklin Build India Fund - Gr
  6. 3000 (since Aug’15) - Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund - Gr
  7. 2000 (since Aug’18) - Axis Equity Hybrid Fund - Gr

Hi,
I am not sure if you are looking for feedback from me or from all forum members.
I don’t track mutual fund, so I am not the right person to comment if the funds you have listed are suitable for your needs. One advice I have is to see that the SIP contribution you are making and based on your target corpus, what is the return rate required. Ensure that you do not assume aggressive return rates.

If you are looking for feedback from all forum members, request you to create your own portfolio thread so that everybody can provide their inputs.

Just done that. Not sure how to do that just created a New Topic as suggested… Thanks