My Journey & Learnings : Strategy & Portfolio

All questions are welcome and that is the objective of posting here, critical evaluation by self and others and i am glad you questioned the reasoning. If you observe my reason for selling BK in earlier post was slower than planned rampup and headwinds in profitability. I bought it on listing day and held it till recently with no price appreciation post listing gains, so i had some roadmap in mind for the company. The current quarter results were surprisingly good to me and since i reserached this space much more before investing in Devyani International, my confidence improved on this. Also if you read through the changes i made to the portfolio due to valuation discomfort (selling Asian Paints, Titan etc.) i had cash on hand, i have 3 choices, do nothing, add to existing cos. or buy new. Since i already have enough cash i intend to deploy some and in my existing holding i do not find either valuation or inclination to add more. Also as i pointed earlier, looking at current market valuation, volatility, risks i am more inclined towards a diversified portfolio rather concentrate and hence new investments. Devyani i have already written a thread for the rationale and BK i have held in past and is a known devil. So the way i see, it is not one factor but a collective basket of options and circumstances which dictates a decision and i just quoted the case for this one. Maybe 10 years down the line i will read all this and find it stupid but that is what journey is all about, improving one step a time. Thanks.

2 Likes