My brother's portfolio

After

Hey Prasad,

I manage his portfolio, just because equities are more in my circle of competency than his.

He is like the best adviser in umpteen other things in life, and his advice has the highestweightageby far.

Liked your stock picks etc. but the “garam garam aloo paratha” aspect I liked the most :slight_smile:

Regarding the stocks, I am a bit laid back guy and will toy with ideas. Once I am **comfortable **and have high conviction, then only I will jump in.

Gruh, I am studying now, and may be when the above two is met. I will make a move.

In the end, there are many vehicles (stocks) that may lead to your destination (investment goals). It is good to reach the destination, even if our vehicles are different.

Booked profits in Ajanta (50% of holdings) and Added Kaveri Seeds as the 8th Stock.

Converted Mayur to Hawkins, Unichem and Yes Bank. Back to 7 stocks again.

Post switch from Mayur, holdings are as follows :

Hawkins Cooker 20%
Astral Poly Tec 18%
Kaveri Seed Co 15%
Ajanta Pharma 14%
Yes Bank 12%
Unichem Labs 11%
Amara Raja Batt 10%

rudra

this one looks like a well balanced portfolio…

with good sectoral representation as well.

yes bank has some temporary problems with rana kapoor having issues with his brother in law…

I would rather have Indus Ind instead of Yes Bank

1 Like

Mayur purchased after bonus?? I think bonus shares were issued on 7th aug 2012 and if you purchased Mayur before bonus, you may have to dole out capital gain tax on sale of bonus shares. It would have been better to sell it after one year of bonus issue.

True, however no STCG tax since there are some carried forward losses from 2008-09. Most profit booking is now Long term in nature with zero taxes anyhow, and whatever STCG arises is balanced against the historic losses.

Thanks for pointing this out, though.

Converted Mayur to Hawkins, Unichem and Yes Bank. Back to 7 stocks again.

Mayur issue.

OK. I knew that seasoned investor like you must be aware of capital gain implications. But still thought of hinting you about this as many a times people do make mistakes understanding the application of taxes especially with the bonus shares as they feel they are free.

@ashwini Damani

Indusind has most of the positives priced in at cmp. It is available at 23 times TTE where as Yes bank is just available at 11.5 times leaving scope for huge re-rating over the next 3-4 years. One cannot ignore the scorching growth that it has exhibited after obtaining the banking licence. It is most youngest private sector bank in India yet it has reached the the 4th position with in a shortest period. These issues with the other promoter are short-term in nature and will not have material impact on the Business of the company. Agree that the Recent RBI restriction are definitely going to impact them most as they were on the verge of raising some 2000 crores at more than 3 times book value and now with the share price going down, they might wait for some time which will impact their immediate growth in the short term say 1 year or so.

They have lot of room to improve their CASA and NIM and these would be improved eventually with the management’s credible efforts.These above issues are very short term in nature and should be used wisely to accumulate the chunk at these throw away prices. Also bank might come with some surprises like bonus to please the investors and to support the price on the bourses as they have to raise money at a good deserving price.

To me Yes bank is going to outperform Indusind by a huge margin in the long term.

ur view on Yes Bank after all this mess

still lot of cockroaches to be discovered.

wont it take time to get back to good health

why not switch to something like RBL

Not much inputs on this thread created ling time back.how has been the performance n what all constitute your n your brother portfolio?