Microcap momentum portfolio

@visuarchie sir is consider tickers , if data is more than 6 months

You are right if we use just the 6 month lag window JYOTICNC will be in the list. When I initially posted, my historical data specifically for JYOTICNC was incorrect. I have corrected that since.

However, if we mandate to evaluate all companies over the same time window i.e. 12 months and 6 months then what I said is correct. In that case, as per my sheet, OPTIEMUS makes the cut.

Minor difference I think, we can let that be.

@9916673623
Sir,
How are you handling the stocks listed in less than 126 days.
I am using bfill() but facing issues in log returns and final z scores.

@9916673623 you can keep the code in GitHub repository for open use

2 Likes

@vikrantp I use the earliest available date for calculations. This will ensure that the calculations are fine.

1 Like

import scipy.stats as stats]

stats.zscore()

1 Like

@visuarchie - Please help with the data populated in index(IQ) column.

As per my knowledge
1 year : 2023-09-01
6 months : 2024-03-01

UFLEX , RTNPOWER → Out from List
Dhanuka , tidewater → IN into List

1 Like

@9916673623 100% match.

@inder_gwl Numbers in column are the Nifty Microcap 250 index values. I could not find a symbol for that in Google Finance. Have you update the info manually. This is used to calculate 50 and 200EMA only (nothing to do with the pf formation).

guys @visuarchie @9916673623 @vikrantp I’m tracking this thread but for better clarity can you please exlpain in simple terms what you guys are doing exactly? it’s a little complicated for me…

Update for entry on 2nd September 2024 (look back dates: 01/09/2023 and 01/03/2024)

50EMA (23879) > 200EMA (20811); hence, we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. PGEL
  2. STAR
  3. CHOICEIN
  4. WOCKPHARMA
  5. TECHNOE
  6. LTFOODS
  7. PURVA
  8. GRAVITA
  9. TVSHLTD
  10. SHARDAMOTR
  11. BASF
  12. NEULANDLAB
  13. IFCI
  14. NETWEB
  15. DHANUKA
  16. TIMETECHNO
  17. VMART
  18. JYOTICNC
  19. ANANTRAJ
  20. KIRLOSENG
  21. TIDEWATER
  22. NAVA
  23. IIFLSEC
  24. SUDARSCHEM
  25. WABAG

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• ANANTRAJ
  • BASF
  • CHOICEIN
  • DHANUKA
  • GRAVITA
  • IFCI
  • IIFLSEC
  • JYOTICNC
  • KIRLOSENG
  • LTFOODS
  • NAVA
  • NETWEB
  • NEULANDLAB
  • PGEL
  • PURVA
  • SHARDAMOTR
  • STAR
  • SUDARSCHEM
  • TECHNOE
  • TIDEWATER
  • TIMETECHNO
  • TVSHLTD
  • VMART
  • WABAG
  • WOCKPHARMA

Exits:
RTNPOWER and UFLEX make an exit.
ZENTEC stays within the top 30 and hence remains.

Entries:
DHANUKA and TIDEWATER make an entry.
IIFLSEC cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

Thank you sir for your response. No, I did not updated that, I was trying to figure out what is this value. I tried nifty 50 index to map but that was not matching with the values mentioned in the sheet, you have provided. Now I got that what should be put over there. Google finance does not provide that data however I fount that in Yahoo finance and NSE website, downloaded from NSE website and updated manually.

Hey Mate, what is the XIRR so far? even tax adjusted if you can share. I had done a similar exercise back in 2022 YE. But I guess it was the worst time. You see what I learned is that the momentum is best strategy for return but its biggest enemy is a range bound market like what he had for 18 months back in 2022. It keeps on making you buy high and sell low on repeat.

1 Like

@i_mustafa I started in Dec 2022. XIRR since then is 80.79%.

1 Like

That’s superb return, keep it up. I did for nifty 500 constituents and only for 4-5 months, some marginal profits. Not sure if it is a good time to start again. But I still advice to adjust your strategy if the underlying index gets in some kind of sideway trend. It’s the worst!