Managing Cash Position

thanks for the info… so the tax liability is also same just like the Liquid fund, I guess.

Yes, same for all debt. Tax is as per your income slab incase you take growth option. There’s an option to take weekly/monthly dividend reinvestment where the taxation is cut in the form of ddt & comes to you & gets reinvested. So the taxation process doesn’t fall on you.

i think dividend is taxed at 15% right so if my tax slab is 30% its better to take divident reinvestment?

No, DDT i ms 28.8% approx. So the difference isn’t that big v 30% tax. But during tax filing, the effort to file tax for debt is reduced since ddt is already cut by the fund and pass ed to the investor

there is no tax on dividends, dividend is tax free.

one more thing i checked valueresearchonline now, and saw reliance money manager fund has expense ratio of 0.23% in direct mode…I thought there are totally free,

Are you sure? Please see this article…

So seemingly no risk Liquid fund does have a risk and there can be a cap on daily redemption limit.

How do you sell fractional units of liquidbees. I have some .09 lying in my demat but they are just stuck there :frowning:

1 Like

Sandeep…here is what you can do…got this in faq for liquidbees.

If you regularly invest in Liquid BeES, it makes sense to let the fractions accumulate and become whole units. Since there is no custody charge, it does not cost you anything to keep fractions in your Demat Account. However if you decide to sell, you can sel whole units on the market, while for the fractions, Benchmark AMC offers anytime buyback of fractional units directly free of charge.
You can also transfer fractional units to any other Demat account to make it a rounded off unit.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to calculate the returns from Reliance Liquid Bees? Not bothering to check the actual number of days and units each month, I calculated the returns as follows:
Return % = (Avg monthly dividend for the year/Avg no of units at the start of each month) * 100

So, essentially, took the average of the units at the start of each month, and calculated the average over the last one year. This came to 3.7%. Was expecting the returns to be close to 5.37% as published by Reliance. Appreciate if I can get some data from others here.

Maybe my ignorance, but what about putting the excess money in IDFC bank account?? Above a lakh it’s 7% SA interest with immediate liquidity no interest rate risk??

Everyone at my office is doing this. It’s really a great option.

Trading costs account for 0.66% X2!
What are the alternatives to LIQUIDBEES if one needs to park cash for <1 month?