Malkd's Core Portfolio

Pretty average tbh. Invested in safe mid/ large caps my whole life. As I’ve mentioned in posts above I used to do it on auto pilot. Pick mid/ large caps and SIP in them in dips. Wasn’t very good at technicals and apart from a little reading of annual reports etc I wasn’t very well versed in the markets at all. I Got lucky with the likes of Bajaj finance, Page Industries but also got stagnant with the likes of ITC and lost a lot with Yes bank etc…overall I managed approx 12 percent CAGR over the past decade but was pretty happy(also dabbled in mutual funds for a flat return over 3 years which brought my overall returns down to around 10 or so). Once covid hit and I realised how dangerous the markets are and how at risk my money was I began studying. Read and watched everything I could and then I found value pickr accidentally… and it felt like a curtain was lifted and all the dots connected. Most of my picks and refinement of my thought process are due to the amazing threads and posters in this forum… Looking at stocks purely as businesses has made me very comfortable now and Im hoping that the next decade is a lot better than the last.

8 Likes