Macros 2.0: Economy-Markets-Cycles, and Actionables?

@Donald Dada, before you go overboard with Ray Dalio, please also check his track record over many years (recent track record is pathetic but even over the last 30 years is pretty ordinary). Talk is cheap. It makes good headlines but does not make money. Macro forecasting is a mine field with too many moving parts and I have never seen or known anyone who has got it consistently right (including the bosses of the bosses like George Soros and Stan Druckenmiller). And then we have the added complexity of extracting actionables from the macro thesis, because end of the day, we cannot invest in macro indicators.

Corona itself will make some changes, but some of the trends you have mentioned, like localisation, was already happening.

We need to take a sector-by-sector view and keep our ear to the ground to see what is happening and what could be happening.

I will give you an example. Today, schools and colleges across the world are shut down. All teaching is going online. Why would it not be a permanent feature? Now if I take away the geographical boundary, why can’t there be an outsourcing boom for teaching staff from places like India?

28 Likes