L&T Technology Services (LTTS)- Unique ER&D Play!

Can u pls let us know the reasons? You sold Mindtree but not LTI…if LnT is good as u hold 2 LnT ones then is it not good for Mindtree to come under same bucket? Thanks

How many tech companies lnt is having! All focus on these 5 buzzwords of IoT blah blah like all other IT companies say…not one has capability to create something good that world can see and follow…I wish LnT shows something good…

There is a basic fundamental and functional difference between a ‘product based’ IT company and a ‘service provider’ IT company. Among product based IT companies LTTS belongs to a company working in E&RD based concept directly helping various industry vertical companies. IoT,Big Data and Data analytics are going to change our future world. We are getting lots of buzz that every IT company is working on these future tech subject but actual ground reality is something else. Not all service provider IT companies are able to deliver desired output to clients. But yes some efforts they are showing by internal training and all. But all are saturated in delivery with higher age group employees with same kind of service providing projects.

But in case of LTTS they are delivering productive results to clients(at least as per management commentary and financial results, can not guarantee that since I am not an insider).

I put LTTS ahead and in different row among all IT companies because of these reasons.

1 Like

LTTS is not product based…it’s max revenues are from engineering services vertical … outsourcing by engineering companies…any product or platform so far is insignificant…pls correct me if wrong…thnx

LTTS is product based IT company. It is not a typical service provider like Infosys or TCS. We need to understand how today’s typical IT companies work. If they are designing an IoT based customized production line for any industrial sector client, It is a product they are designing for that client. Or if they are implementing any customization based on Data analytics for any client, then they are providing customized IT product for that client. I am talking in this aspect. So LTTS is very much a product based IT company.

At the end of 2nd quarter(last quarter data I cant recall at this moment) the patents portfolio of LTTS stood at 349 out of 256 are co-authored with its customers and 93 are filed by LTTS.

P.S : updating the patent details for Q3 from taking notes from this thread itself.

At the end of the third quarter, the patents portfolio of L&T Technology Services stood at 363, out of which 264 are co-authored with its customers and 99 are filed by LTTS

2 Likes

When I asked above question I knew patent would come up as I also initially got attracted to the patents of this company but now I feel the only difference between it and other services IT companies is its focus on engineering vertical…No product or patent is generating substantial profits …they are merely used to attract new clients to serve and not to create innovate and bring life changing products to life…at best it’s a pseudo product technology company…the best Indian engineering talent can offer at the moment…sadly we don’t have enough college dropouts so far…

2 Likes

I am not sure what life changing product you expect. But they claim few innovative product they have delivered in Medical vertical only.

1. Disposable and single hand operated World’s First Drug Patch Applicator.
  2. World’s Leading Smart Inhaler
  3. World’s First Device to produce 40 atm pressure
  4. Integrated reusable vessel sealing& cutting device for Emerging markets
  5. Automated Blood cell counter with precision of >99% and consumption of 2% less
  6. World’s First Airway Clearance System with Bluetooth connectivity
    7.3D Printing for Customized Knee Implants
  7. Next Generation Ultrasound Scanner
8 Likes

Agappe Diagnostics Ltd, a diagnostic reagents and equipment manufacturer, has launched an indigenously-developed blood cell counter, in partnership with L&T Technology Services (LTTS).

4 Likes

Some short notes on what can change future industry shape from various industry vertical leaders.

1 Like

From a consumer perspective, the IoT will provide people with the ability to better organize, control, and manage activities, tasks, and errands within their immediate surroundings.

Regardless of the direction the IoT develops, it is clear to see that it is something that will most likely have a major role to play in shaping how the societies of the future function, in both their private and professional lives.

2 Likes
1 Like

Very nice article on the industry with an interview by Dr Panda

1 Like

Being a part responsible industrial technology house LTTS organised the 3rd edition of ‘Techgium’ in Bangalore, India’s most coveted industry-academia initiative.

CRISIL has revised its rating outlook on the long-term bank facility of L&T Technology Services Limited (LTTS) to ‘Positive’ from ‘Stable’, and reaffirmed the rating at ‘CRISIL AA+’; the rating on the short-term facility has been reaffirmed at ‘CRISIL A1+’.
https://www.crisil.com/mnt/winshare/Ratings/RatingList/RatingDocs/LAndT_Technology_Services_Limited_April_26_2019_RR.html

2 Likes

LTTS confident of achieving its revenue guidance for FY19.

Decent number posted by LTTS . Patent portfolio stood at 399. Out of which 288 are co-authored with its customers and 111 are filed by LTTS. 36 new patents were added in the quarter with 12 being filed by LTTS and 24 co-authored with customers.

LTTS_Q4FY19_Investor_Release.pdf (1.5 MB)

while the trailing pe stands more or less on par with industry pe i would assign a better valuation for ltts due to its pedigree of being from L&T, pedigree of the ceo, and the company’s confidence of achieving a growth better than projected at 14 to 16% at the recent concall . I am staying invested.

1 Like