Koustubh's Portfolio

Buying Gokaldas Exports Ltd. below 500 in this recent fall

Hello Koustubh, I just came across MK exim and it looks like an interesting bet. Its profits seems to be rising every year and that I believe has to do with the management change. But there are red flags to it, if you have an latest information on it please do share. I will greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

Curious to know what are the red flags you found.

I have recently started trimming my position in Gokaldas exports. This is primarily due to the stock doubling on account of a recent acquisition and early signs of demand recovery from the US market. While the thesis stays intact, I want to raise cash to deploy in the next 3-4 weeks. There exist 5-6 new opportunities that I have been studying lately and would soon make some new entries.

2 Likes

Recently initiated position building in International Combustion (India) Ltd.

As an experiment, I had constructed a portfolio of 10 stocks with equal weights in July 2023 to observe if effective bottoms up stock picking based on some sound thesis is an effective strategy to beat the market in a steaming bull run and hereā€™s my results attached in the picture. 8% Nifty vs 23% Portfolio returns. This is not my chest thumping announcement of glory, it is only my way of reassuring myself that stock picking is the way to go. Happy Investing: Hang in there as there is money to be made, wealth to be created, value to be unlocked and most importantly lessons to be learnt!

3 Likes

Happy New Year!
Lately I have been noticing the following in the market:

1. Significantly higher price and volume action in SME and MicroCap segment of the market.
    1. Indices rallying on the basis of traction in concentrated pockets/constituents. Not secular.
    1. Pre-emptive moves being more pronounced than the last few years. For instance the move in adani stocks leading up to the court hearing.
    1. IPOs being priced at the maximum followed by a very clear dip in the IPO action (both mainboard and SME).
    1. Every analyst, fund manager, brokerage report yelling that they find ā€˜comfortā€™ in large caps and find froth in small caps.
    1. Investors celebrating outperforming the daylights out of Nifty on twitter at the end of the year.

The saying ā€˜Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solventā€™ couldnā€™t be more true. My sense is that markets in 2024 will be great for bottom up stock investors - especially in the small and midcap segments. When I say this I mean investors who pick quality stocks (basis healthy cash flows, reasonable growth, able management, private capex, controlled debt/equity amongst others) would probably be the only ones who outperform the market this year. Irrespective of events such as the general election and its outcome (which seems pretty clear at the moment), my sense is that the frenzy in PSUs such as defence and railway companies, low quality banks etc will come to a hault soon.

The winds are changing directions. What do I believe will work? Speciality Chemicals, Pharma value chain, good quality financials (large private banks, NBFCs, home financiers, auto lenders etc.), Industrial goods, and segment wise - I think some interesting microcaps trading at extremely cheap valuations will get explored and value there can get unlocked. Turning bearish on the back of high earnings multiples and ā€œvaluation discomfortā€ etc might have worked in 2023 but once margins recover (soon), these counters will see institutional money rushing in to them.

Speculation corner (because why not?): The markets may experience a 15% correction.

[Going to disclose my updated portfolio here in the coming threads]

3 Likes

Every year in January I conduct equity research. Historically this research of mine has been able to find me stocks like Jash Engineering, KPIT, Gokaldas exports, Creative Newtech amongst many others that have performed exceedingly well. Of course, I have made my fair share of mistakes as well (Manali Petro and BEPL are classic cases) but this does not stop me in 2024. Hereā€™s the list of stocks I am tracking for this year. Note that I may already have built positions in a few of these names. Also, once my research is complete, I may buy some of these names in the coming few weeks.

Sno. Stock Name Sector Price (INR) Market Cap (in Cr, INR)
1 Ami Organics Speciality Chemicals 1150 4244
2 International Combustion Capital Goods 1440 345
3 Shree Pacetronix Healthcare/Manufacturing 220 79
4 Control Print Industrial Printing 1030 1650
5 SKP Bearing Industries Ball Bearings/Rollers 393 393
6 Galaxy Bearings Ball Bearings/Rollers 1560 497
7 Aurangabad Distillery Alcohol 298 244
8 Shivalik Bimetal Controls Shunts Manufacturer 598 3441
9 AAA Technologies Information Security and Auditing 103 132
5 Likes

Could you please share your research findings on AAA Technologies

Made a few additions, updated some information and fixed some typos. Hereā€™s the updated research list:

Sno. Stock Name Sector Price (INR) Market Cap (in Cr, INR) P/E Ratio
1 Ami Organics Speciality Chemicals 1150 4244 55
2 International Combustion Capital Goods 1423 340 19.3
3 Shree Pacetronix Healthcare/Manufacturing 220 79 19.1
4 Control Print Industrial Printing 1030 1650 28.5
5 SKP Bearing Industries Ball Bearings/Rollers 262 436 32.9
6 Galaxy Bearings Ball Bearings/Rollers 1544 491 27.1
7 Aurangabad Distillery Alcohol 298 244 12
8 Shivalik Bimetal Controls Shunts Manufacturer 584 3361 43.6
9 AAA Technologies Information Cyber Security and Auditing 103 132 41
10 Walpar Nutritions Pharmaceuticals 104 49 35.5
11 Avro India Plastic Products 128 129 31.6
12 Clean Science & Technology Speciality Chemicals 1523 16178 58.7
2 Likes

Thanks for your question. Will share detailed analysis once research is complete soon.

Shree PAcetronix - Although QoQ results in Q3FY23-24 have been a little dismal. Overall 9MFY23-24 has been good enough. We see growth in Sales Revenue, Net Profit and EPS too.
Why then the shareā€™s price has been rolling down in such a hurry? What is that info about the company, which is not available in the public domain?

You havenā€™t elaborated your rationale behind picking GMM Pfaudler yet in this thread. I would like to know your opinion on it since I bought just 1 stock and it fell down 15%ā€¦should I load more ?? Is it an opportunity to buy more of GMM Pfaudler?

Hi Koustubh, Could you please share your thesis/insights on Walpar nutritions?