Kesoram Industries Ltd

1. Yes 10-20% haircut is in addition to the 408 Cr of CRPS.

https://www.crisil.com/mnt/winshare/Ratings/RatingList/RatingDocs/Kesoram_Industries_Limited_September_04_2020_RR.html

1. I think funds will come in a month after the closure of the agreement. CEO said it will be signed by October end. He mentioned the month-end in this news item.
  1. Promoter holding given to exchanges is based on what they consider as promoters. Highgate Industries (now called Euston Industries) holds 5% in the company. This belongs to Birlas only. They have recently changed their office from Birla Building. Overseas GDRs (5%) - I understand these are held by an overseas entity of Birla families (Not sure… But I heard). GDRs holding was around 15% around 10 years ago. Because of share dilution, GDRs stake has come down to 5%. Devi Investment Company seems to be their company only. The exact promoter holding maybe 65-70%.
1 Like

Anyone still tracking this company?
Due to restructuring and repayment of borrowings, looks like company is in a good position now.

1 Like

It seems that the parent company is interested only in its cement business. It went through a lot of restructuring in the past. It seems to be off everyone’s radar.

Check out the article if interested in the restructuring and value destruction for minority shareholders. - Kesoram’s yet another restructuring: Demerger & Listing of Rayon, Paper and Chemical Business

Quant mutual fund has bought into the company 47,50,000/- shares in kesoram industries during the period of August 2023.

Company announced demerger of cement business into Ultratech

There seems to be quite a lot of noise around Orient Cements also being taken-over by Ultratech. Any views on that?

Yes, rumors are that adani is looking to buy orient cement and/or saurashtra cement. This could rerate smallcap cement companies that are are available at low EBIDTA/MT

Ultratech acquiring Kesoram’s cement division in the form of 1:52 Ultratech : Kesoram share swap ratio, valuing its clinker backed cement capacity of 8.5 MT at $87/MT and total cement capacity of 10.75 MT at $70/MT.

Yet another M&A deal after Jaypee and Sanghi in cement sector that has happened closer to its replacement value, despite their operational problems.

6 Likes

Kesoram has some non-cement business also. What value you have given to that?