Kaveri seeds company limited -- kscl

Thanks Ishan for bringing this important issue up.
While it is addressed to Ishan, this is for the consumption of all newcomers tracking/invested in Kaveri Seeds

1. I remain invested fully in Kaveri.
  2. Do not get swayed by media reports so easily. If you track the history of such reports over past 3 years in this thread itself - you will see that 80% of the time you will get it wrong if you go only by the reports
  3. If monsoons play truant, cotton is a crop that benefits the most, as it needs only a few brief showers. There are many regions in Maharashtra, AP (the largest markets for cotton seeds) where there is no alternative crop
  4. In times of stress, it is the smaller players who face the music the most - especially those who have lots of piled up inventory accummulated over 2-3 years or more - they will liquidate stocks at any cost
  5. The premium hybrid seeds in demand - folks like Kaveri - stand to benefit from the stressful situation. Farmer still wants the best hybrids for himself
  6. Banning sale or forcing reduced price sell hasn’t dampened sales of premium in demand hybrids in the past. Sometimes it works to their favour - as cross-border sales become rampant

Having said all that, we do not know what will happen. Things can go wrong for Kaveri too. I am willing to take that risk - despite not having the time this time to drive scuttlebutt efforts in AP & Maharashtra - as I have got busier with another passion - rural education for the underprivileged.

Disc: Invested from over 3 years; haven’t reduced holdings

@gaurav12123 - could you provide an update on on-the-ground situation at Beed, Jalna districts of Maharashtra. And collate for rest of Maharshtra too as possible, please

@OM_1417 could you do the same for AP/Telengana regions, please

8 Likes