Is my Method of investing Dumb? Help me to improve

Everybody is adopting own methodology for investment. I am considering credibility of the management as the first and the foremost important cause to take decision.Though there is no hard and fast rule to determine credentials of the management,I am following elimination method. (Of course too good is always bad.)
Before making any investment I will be doubly cautious in respect of companies promoted by
Ambanis(both) No investment
No investment
Ruias No investment

Vedanda Hindustan Zinc small Quantity

R.P.Goenka Harrison and Stel Holding

Oswal Nahar Spinnig small quantity(Physical)

Jewellery Manufaturing No investment

Low/Nil Dividend despite showing high earnings( Bitter Lesson from Surya Pharma)

@ravikirancv

I changed my plan from past 3 months.
I have been the PASSIVE/DUMB investor for past 3-4 months
I hardly made any moves.
I am trying to be as patient as possible.

My whole portfolio has only 3 stocks, that should be seriously stocking for many here.
hehe hehe

I only have V2, DCB bank, Ashiana housing. I entered at 45, 81, 174 levels respectively.

I never check for FIIs this and that…
I only am interested in RoE & Growth.
I always avoid companies with political backing like spice jet no matter how good they look.

if you dont check for FIIs and this and that why there is a question in .doc file? Just for a question in the list? :wink: If no conclusion with the answers you get from the check list then what is the use of having so many questions?

Your question has 3 parts. I will take them one by one

1. if you dont check for FIIs and this and that why there is a question in .doc file?
    As I said in my earlier post, I changed my plan from past 3 months.

2. Just for a question in the list?
    No. Earlier, the answers to the questions in .doc file has helped me narrow down to fewer companies. But, also made me jump from A to B, B to C, C to D. This created more confusion than clarity

3. If no conclusion with the answers you get from the check list then what is the use of having so many questions?
    It does not give answers anyway for sure. But, It helped me understand at least, what to check in balance sheet.

I had an opportunity to hear something spoken by Lanka Srinivas @ IICT Hyderabad, who was associated with Sun Pharma, Aurobindo etc etc. After that speech, My whole game plan changed. I got to understand the fact. Sometimes, we need to see beyond Balance Sheets, Number. I am trying to learn that art.

2 Likes