IPO Review - Discussion until listing

Go for Chittorgarh for analysis and Chanakyanipothi for knowing the GMP…I use these 2…apart from that you can find some twitter handles which cover IPO analysis in detail

6 IPOs are coming next week. I want to know priority order for these 6. As we have limited cash so can’t apply for each IPO. Response will be highly appreciated.
1- Anupam Rasayan
2- Craftsman Automation
3- Laxmi Organic
4- Nazara Tech
5- Suryodaya SFB
6- Kalyan Jewellers

I will go for

Laxmi organic
N probably nazara

Rest all give it a miss

1 Like

You didn’t mention whether you are applying for listing gains or for long term investment.

If you want to invest for long term then in my openion Nazara Tech would be ideal - it is from a sunrise sector with no listed peers. Rest all businesses from the list are commodity/cyclical in nature.

If you are eyeing for listing gains then Laxmi Organics and Nazara Tech would be ideal - currently both are trading at high Grey Market Premium compared to others.

You can also take a contrarian approach - since everyone would think the same way and mostly apply for Laxmi Organics and Nazara, the chances of allotment will be very tough so you may have better chances of getting allotment if you apply for Anupam/Craftsman/Suryodaya. Since almost all IPOs list with premium nowadays you will not be disappointed if you get allotment for any of these even if it meant settling for less profit compared to some other - something is better than nothing :slight_smile:

Kalyan Jewellers could be a dark horse among all if you go by the brand name - remember the Burger King listing?

So the choice is yours :thinking:

P.S: These are purely my personal opinion and not a recommendation. Personally I am applying for all for listing gains - make hay while the sun shines :wink:

For everyone who is touting Nazara as a long term play, did anyone of you checked their games out? Gaming is an evolving field with maximum disruptions in technologies. Nothing comes close to Tencent in its prowess in gaming market. Gaming also needs to be judged on how immersive it is. Nazara’s games at best are at 2 (out of a scale of 10) in terms of how well they are made, what’s their technological prowess etc.

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but want to lay out the other side of the argument for everyone who bullish on Nazara.

I would also take this opportunity to highlight Anupam Rasayan. Do you really want to invest in a company where promoters allotted shares to themselves at less than Rs 200 per share just months before the IPO? They basically allotted shares to themselves at 200 and want to sell it for 3x the price in an IPO.

I just don’t understand why anyone would want to burn their money in IPOs like these.

15 Likes

The Economic Times of 11th March (Page 8 - Smart Investing), mentions that Anupam Rasayan’s IPO price implies a PE of 86, which is significantly higher than segment leader like PI Industries. The article recommends buying on dips after listing.

Well, I am not ex-UBS or ex-Morgan Stanley to question the wisdom of common man and I am sure nobody will take my opinion as the words of bible without doing due-diligence from their side before any investments. Having said that, no one has lost money at least in the recent past by investing in IPOs except for few PSUs, even with the companies having questionable track records (if you scroll up this topic, I myself have listed few red flags about a recent IPO).

There is definitely a bubble in the market but nobody knows when the bubble is going to burst hence in my view there is nothing wrong in making some easy money i.e. 30-40% profit in a matter of weeks by investing in IPOs. When the market tanks all stocks will go down irrespective of the fundamentals (may be except few blue-chips) so its altogether a different story.

As far as Nazara is concerned, I never said it is better than Tencent but considering the younger population of India I think there will be enough space for more than one company to make a mark. I may be totally wrong here and I accept it with all humbleness if my theory goes wrong.

Thanks!

My comments weren’t targeted at you sir, please don’t take it personally. I apologize if they came across that way. I wanted to merely highlight the risks in the several names being discussed here.

This isn’t true, please look at charts of Mrs Bector, Burger King and so many others. Whoever applied for these IPOs had they not sold right on listing would have lost money just within days of IPO listing.

Having been a student of markets (and still learning) I can even comment that this isn’t true either. Markets are a game of behavioral finance and probability. No stock will earn you more than the growth in the underlying business. Short term investing based on speculation and for ‘listing gains’ is mere gambling in my personal opinion and I have seen many lost their entire capital following this path.

Indian gaming market is dominated by korean and chinese firms. Nazara is a diversified gaming company that makes money by showcasing ads on their gaming apps. They tried growing by buying vertical businesses in various markets around the globe but even those are tiny compared to their peers. Nazara is a great private business but a very bad public one.
And in India, everyone used to play PUBG (before it got banned) and now FreeFire (owned by a south korean firm). Nazara games include Chota Bheem Speed Racing and a very bad version of various cricket apps which in my humble opinion are used to engage toddlers and small children and then uninstalled subsequently.

The whole point of my post was to highlight the cons in these IPOs, they are engineered to fleece your hard earned savings and while the music is playing now, just like in the game of musical chairs it will certainly stop without announcing and many here would be left holding the bag of losses which they probably never recover back.

Again, nothing directed at you, just highlighting all the risks which many in this thread have forgotten about.

:pray:

11 Likes

I am sorry if my reply was harsh. I think I did not convey my message properly. If you see the below statistics, 18 out of 21 recent IPO issues are trading above the issue price as of today (not sure which chart you are referring to, Burger King and Bectors never went below issue price). Many of them have given more than 100% return within a short period of time. So either you can sit out and watch or follow the trend as long as you are comfortable. Off-course you need to get out before the music stops or face the consequences. It is up to the individuals. Thanks!

1 Like

How their money is lost when stocks like burger, bector, chemcon , stovekraft, Nureeca all are trading above their ipo price?

I accept few corrected a lot from its listing price n all time high price.

Yes if people r applying ipo on leverage, which is not at all advisable they might have lost money if listing gains were not booked

What I feel there is no harm in applying for listing gains when it’s a bull market n primary market is in full swing… When promoters can make use of it y can’t investors?

But investors should b clear in his strategy .
If applied for listing gains book it
If applied for long term hold it
If buying on listing day or further buy n hold it .

Here greed shouldn’t be above your rationality .

Disclosure: No holding in any stocks mentioned

1 Like

Thread on Nazara IPO -

Finally, got 4 years of standalone info (attached in img)

They haven't given standalone no's in RHP which is damn uncool (shows lack of transparency, anyways)

As suspected standalone numbers are not good 👇

(1/n)#IPOwithJST pic.twitter.com/hJ0yogcGZy

— Aditya Kondawar (@aditya_kondawar) March 12, 2021

Whoever is wanting to apply Nazara IPO for long term must go through this twitter thread by Aditya Kondawar.

1 Like

IPO, IPO Ki Kahani - Anupam Rasayan

Promoter Group (KPI LLC) does preferential allotment at Rs 200 in Nov 2020

Fast forward 4 months - IPO comes at an issue price of Rs 556

The Euphoria in the IPO market is amusing

If GMP is high, everything else is ignored! #IPO @b50 pic.twitter.com/hSxNgKJxbK

— Aditya Kondawar (@aditya_kondawar) March 8, 2021
4 Likes

Yes Business Looks good. But at 80PE it is asking too much . The euphoria can take the listing higher , however logic tells me to skip the IPO .

All IPO analysis ultimately boils down to GMPs these days…

While the demand for IPOs is still intact and continue to over-subscribe, I think fatigue is slowly started to creep in. After listing at 85% premium to the issue price MTAR tech is almost 20% down from the high in two days. Similar story for Heranba and few others. May be this is the beginning of the end of the IPO euphoria. Time to watch out closely.

2 Likes

IPO market is very hot again!
Haven’t we seen this movie before?
For older investors whose memories might have faded, a reminder. For younger investors, a warning. You never know when the music will stop… :warning:

6 Likes

Is it fair to compare companies like Heranba(someone riddled with legal cases) to MTAR ?