Indiamart Intermesh - Indian Alibaba?

Total 127961 shares sold after 31st March by insiders

Is this a cause of concern?

Professional managers and other employees selling their stocks should not be a problem; it is a routine occurrence in several companies as they cash out their ESOPs. Promoters such as Dinesh Chandra Agarwal or Brijeshkumar Agarwal do not seem to have sold anything.

2 Likes

Even promoters selling a tiny fraction is normal…as we all know.

Current google trends show that the hits have exceeded the pre-Covid19 levels. This should certainly help in retaining the customers and in the long run increasing the customer count. Time for accumulation I believe. It is just my opinion, not a recommendation.

what do you mean by “the hits” ??

This represents the visits to the website of the company.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=IN&q=%2Fm%2F011jpydy

4 Likes

Google trends are more of google search queries, scrolling down the page is more informative of what the queries are for?

Website traffic is the real things, that tells how many people actually visited the website, the good news is that is also up. Also 99.98% traffic are organic i.e rest 0.02% are referrals.
https://www.similarweb.com/website/indiamart.com#overview

3 Likes

The way I look at it is in the new norm Businesses will need alternate ways to sell since physical selling may get hit. People’s mindset regarding online buying was already changing in India… however, the Corona virus may have just fastracked that changed even further and put indiamart and other tech based companies like infoedge into a position they expected to be in 5 years from now ie with a drastic increase in online population due to Corona. Can see this stock being a huge beneficiary of Corona in the medium term. Sure it may suffer a bit of pain in the short term but for businesses to survive they need to market their products/services so I can see indiamart being the last place they cut costs if they’ve had success in the past.

1 Like

I only wish theyd polish up their website UI and make it look more like Amazon. Currently it looks like a mix between Snapdeal and a Chinese knock off site with low quality and poorly formatted pics and interface. Lol. disclosure: ive taken a small position a few days ago and will keep adding over this year.

The management does 1-1 or group calls with institutional investors about 2 times every week. Infact the BSE updates section is filled with updates of meetings/calls with institutional investors.

And this is not a recent phenomenon. Ever since the company listed, the management has been having calls/meetings with institutional investors at a high frequency. Now one can understand a company doing this when they are in the process of raising additional capital. But the company had an IPO just last year and it has no working capital requirements, it doesn’t borrow and no plans for large investments (acquisition of other companies or launching of new businesses).

So why does the company have calls with institutional investors so often? What am I missing here.

5 Likes

I don’t think calls have anything to do with raising capital firstly, they are analyst meeting calls. Lot of boutique firms and funds are taking interest and many of them like to send their analyst’s or personally meet and talk to the promoter to get a feel of the business and ask questions they feel are relevant for them before taking a buy decision.

1 Like

I agree with kkumar3. I’d take this as a positive (transparency wise) more than anything else

I agree, I think they are spending too much time on it. I think management can stay more focused and spend time and energy on execution, its more valuable. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t address the investors, may be pool all, make once a month conference, you know something more efficient to channelize energy on business delivery.
However, its good business, hybrid of Alibaba and Shopify…1st mover and long runway…
But Alibaba and Shopify have such a great leaders leading the businesses, I dont know much about the leadership here.

Traffic is back to normal in may, hoping June to show uptick.

Invested in tracking position - adding on dips

1 Like

I think a lot of supply chain disruption is happening worldwide and locally . Companies will be searching for suppliers and the best way to get those details is through this type of platform.

As intermesh is market leader in India, it may have huge potential.

Disc : tracking

1 Like

Disc : Invested as my Core Holding.

https://yourstory.com/video/what-makes-and-will-make-india-atmanirbhar

1 Like

Intels exit…

Disc : Invested as my Core Holding.

2 Likes
  1. Why does Intel exit? Any explanation?

2. Looking at the increased need of online infra which Indiamart provides, I m under the impression it’s a good business to invest in for medium to longer term. Pls comment.

might possible one year lock in period after ipo completed so exited

2 Likes