IcyHot's portfolio-Down 46%- Corona Impact

Yes but these are exceptional times, I guess they didnt distribute dividend to protect their Income & margin. Even Thomas cook rolled back their buyback and I guess that was a great move… I would rather forgo my dividend in tough times to avoid permanent loss of capital.

Sold Jagran prakashan and Kitex. Booked losses and exited completely. Added Infosys, Icici lombard and Icici bank. Plan to add more during subsequent dips. All of which stand to gain from the historical budget unleashing massive spending on infra capex. This clean up of my portfolio was long due. Gives me some large cap strength now.

2 Likes

Happy to announce that I have fully recovered from my last years 46% loss on portfolio. Broke even as of today. I had rejigged my portfolio 3-4 months back, sold all the junk small caps and swapped with Large caps. Took a huge loss but was worth it. Only 3 Small caps I have kept are SP apparels, Thomas Cook and Wonderla. Waiting for some turnaround in it post Covid recovery. Thanks for all those who helped and supported me with advice. I don’t plan to add any new stock anymore. Will keep adding on dips. Here is my current portfolio composition

9 Likes

Added HCL Tech and Mahanagar gas 2 months ago… And after this rejig now the portfolio is up +40%… so effectively I navigated it from - 46% to +40%…in about an year. Holding these for long term now
Lesson learnt…

1. Portfolio pruning and Rejig is very important. Exit if there is no good return in 2-3 years time

2. Never buy on recommendation of super investors on twitter or social media the likes of PMS fund managers Porinju, safir, varinder bansal etc etc. they recommend a stock almost on daily basis…following them is as good as watching TV for tips. Stop buying kachra on the recommendation of so called gurus …

3. for getting the most out of bull run, keep invested heavily in index stocks as they benefit the most out of bull run.

3 Likes

I don’t agree somewhat with Point no 3…In every bull market u will see the broader market outperform Nifty…smallcaps have outperform Nifty in last 1.5 years

1 Like