Hyundai Motor India Limited - HMIL

Hyundai IPO valued more than Maruti & Mahindra & Mahindra

Given a choice I would rather put my bucks in Mahindra and Maruti rather than subscribing to IPO of Hyundai.

(1) Maruti enjoys market leadership position for last 40 years. Today even with so many players including many MNC’s brands, Still Maruti enjoys 41% Market share. ( Hyundai just 14%).
Maruti’s wide product range with leadership position in growing CNG and SUV market.( CNG volumes now stands at 40% of its total volume)…
Maruti and Toyota produce Hybrids which also enjoys leadership position. Maruti did not prioritise EV introduction strategically. But now they have EV in pipelines.

Even on EV, Tata motors leading with 60% market share.
Hyundai is no where in EV and they have just started CNG aiming to produce only 12% of its volume where Maruti has already reached 40% of its total volume.

(2) (a) Mahindra & Mahindra is putting up a heavy competition with Maruti with respect to the growing SUV market.
M&M, which has Ten SUVs well accepted by the market (Bolero, Bolero Neo, Scorpio, Scorpio N, Scorpio Classic, Thar, XUV3XO, XUV400 XUV700, New Thar Roxx), is extremely well placed to capitalise on the surging demand of SUV.

(b) It also has a Well designed and matured EV program and CNG program.

(c) Apart from its SUV’s, it has a market leadership position in Small / light commercial vehicle which is growing faster than heavy CV.

(d) It has market leadership position in its 3 wheeler EV / CNG

(e) it is the market leader in tractor segment with 42% market share.

(f) In sept 2024, it is the only Auto company which has shown growth in numbers.

(g) Mahindra is perhaps is the only Indian Auto company which exports its products to North America.

Therefore Mahindra & Mahindra is a well diversified automobile company than any other auto company…if one segment does not do well due to market situation , the other one would come to its rescue.

Discl:
I have investments in Mahindra and Maruti from lower level. I may be biased. please do your own assessment before investing.
I may be wrong in my assessment, though I have 36 yrs exposure to Auto industry.