How do we get more women investors participating?

Thanks Parvati

Good to see you here and speak up. @kritikajain86 and @anngeo10 take note :slight_smile:
Its great to know that your kids are growing up financially-literate. I am doing the same with my twins.

I have slacked on this agenda in the AGM season. Hope to come back soon and fill in seeding more of lots of investing basics threads. That will be key to handholding, engaging, and guiding new members to a sensible investment process as they sign in.

Someone with your experience can/should take the lead here.
Me and many others will be great volunteers I can assure you. I will pitch in with more relevant content in Sep/Oct

This is from the free preview available on amazonā€¦ read on: http://bit.ly/1UczaxY 1
I have read books aimed at popular audience by same author and it have helped me a lot in understanding various aspects of same topic.
thought it would be helpful

Here is an interesting article relevant to the thread:

1 Like

Yes, good points. But I think more than that there is a fear of the unknown. I am a doctor, I had no knowledge about equity and mutual funds and it is same with my colleagues and better half. I have recently started educating myself on finances recently.
I am also counseling my friends and relatives and have started mutual funds for few of them. But there Outlook about equity is very negative.
I think more education right from school about finances and not only saving which we are good at , will achieve more investors of both sexes and encouraging and involving women in our family will help. :+1:

Donald Sir,
Very good afternoon! I am Ekta and I was introduced to basics of investing and screener.in five years back by younger brother who is also an electrical engineer. He invested heavily and made some gains but it balanced out in few years courtesy gtl, ttml.
He left, switched to mutual fund investing but I continued with stock investing. Though my portfolio and invested money is out of my saving and just 5 stocks.I was very happy to see a separate forum to encourage woman participants and would love to be the part of it. I am a house wife having two daughters and find hard to do very detailed analysis on stock. So I stick with screener result for 4-5 stocks and try to validate them on value pickr forum.

Sir to start with, I need your help on few points:

1. Screener.in doesnā€™t list all the peers. So better company may get skipped. So usually I look at moneycontrol and put to compare any left out potential company.

2. For template part, Sir valuation based on dividend model or cash flow is there? So we can upload and get the valuation at flash without filling detail every time bcoz screener excel output has all the input for valuation calculation.

Thanks
Regards
Ekta

Hello Everyone,
I am started Investment for last 1 year, and I am enjoying it. Had invested in the past by few Famous company name like Infosys, ITC, NTPC which is big in marketā€¦ by profession I am in IT and through one of my colleague got to know about Valuepickerā€¦ This is really great and have started following it more closely. Though my portfolio is still red but some of the stocks are goodā€¦ And as a beginner I have gather some stocks which I should not haveā€¦ But its a journey and I am learning few how to be better in picking stocksā€¦

I am working professional but I donā€™t see any women around me talk about investmentsā€¦ I think it is lot to do with culture where women are not in the area which is risk averseā€¦ Most of the time the decisions are taken by men in any areas of their lifeā€¦ Hopefully things will change over the time and more women get into investment skillsā€¦ Thanks

2 Likes