Hitesh portfolio

Hi @hitesh2710 the recent demerger of arvind infra from its parent arvind mills looks like a good opportunity similar to Kaya. What’s your take on it?

hi sri krishna,

de mergers could be a starting point to investigate the company for a possible high return story. But it will need detailed homework and analysis of different scenarios to come at an investment decision. I havent yet looked at arvind de merger story so not much idea about that.

If you have got the details worked out then you can start a thread on the same and get feedback from guys tracking it.

Thanks. Will do a detailed analysis.

Hi!

I would like to bring it to your kind attention that I tried accessing the google drive using the given credentials. However i got an error that “google doesn’t recognize that email”. I have tried searching the forum to find out if there has been a change in the credentials to access the drive. There seems to be no further discussion on this.

Would you kindly look into this and help me access the google drive?

Thanks!

Hitesh whats your technical view on Gruh Fin can you share ?

gruh looks range bound. It seems it needs to cross congestion zone of 270-275 to resume its uptrend. But it seems ot have established good support base between 220-240 levels.

1 Like

If possible can give your technical view on Torrent Pharma. I am accumulating it now.

There’s no specific pattern to torrent pharma. In short term the stock seems weak but there seems to be buying support nearer to 1380-1400 levels.

The main thing with stocks where newsflow is likely to be strong and forthcoming is that any news of an ANDA approval can bump up the stock price in no time.

The current scenario is the time when one must study the story more closely and try to make a case for or against the investment in the company.

disc: invested and adding more recently in the correction.

4 Likes

Ya correctly Said.I should look more into torrent’s balance sheet now than the price in the screen. Thanks Hitesh

I am not sure if looking at the balance sheet will help. BS always tells you the past. Better look at what can happen in future with respect to the pipeline and current approval.
You can look at some of the research reports to build your own view on the same.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on KSCL at this price? We had two bad monsoons in a row, and next one is predicted to be bad, which adds to the market’s dis-illusionment on KSCL. Adding to it, the uncertainty around how the monsanto relationship is going to play out, has kept the stock cheap, at 10x earnings now. (Though some level of aggressiveness in E of the PE).

I know you used to own the stock, and sold at a 20x. How do you feel now?

Currently there seems to be an overhang of lot of variables on kaveri. So till the time the uncertainties clear one by one, I think stock price may remain range bound.

And added to that the current market correction has provided some decent alternatives so fancy returning for kaveri may take some time.

The sell decision is as important as a buy decision at right time and price. I think Kaveri was your top holding few years back and it has been a multibagger. I think it would be helpful to know your thought process/reasons to sell Kaveri, unless if it’s not related to business fundamentals/growth prospects/risks and related to personal cash requirements.

Disc: Invested and holding

amit,

The sell decision for Kaveri was triggered by a buy decision on Canfin. A business I thought had a lot of variables at that time viz kaveri was quoting at around 15 PE and something which I considered a very stable business was available at 0.7 times book value and that too with nil NPAs. viz canfin. After selling, kaveri did go up around 2.5 times whereas canfin’s rise was more steady. Its only of late that it has gone ballistic.

What I have realised is that one has to avoid falling in love with the company especially when markets are falling in love with it. :grinning:

15 Likes

This sums up the secret to making money or rather not losing the money that one already made. Simple this may sound, this is very complex as exactly at this stage, i.e., when the markets are falling in love with a company and people drive the stock higher ‘afraid’ of losing any upside - now, you need to turn contrarian and look at things from above and act on it. Not many can do this and this needs a special effort to overcome the behavioural psychology/herd mentality. Time and again Hitesh was able to do it so eerily going by his past posts. If I were to envisage his position with his permission, after selling out from Kaveri and tuning into Canfin and then find Kaveri going up and up while Canfin sailing at its pace, am sure it’s not easy unless the conviction is superb.

On a side note, I just want to know one thing in my money life, what date the bull market top will be made in this coming run? The next day you will find me in a beach :sunny: with no internet connectivity, sipping coffee with a book in hand :smile: and no stress.

2 Likes

Hi Hitesh

What is your view on can fin homes for long term? I am holding it from 350 levels and after the recent price rise, it has become around 40% of my entire portfolio. I am willing to wait for another 4-5 years before selling assuming it can give around 20% CAGR (being optimistic here).

The inverse is happening now, Hitesh. The market is hating KSCL (~10 PE, a high ROCE business). And is now loving CanFin quite a lot (~3x book, at 18% ROE in best-case). :smile:

Time to make the trade the other way round, this time? :wink:

Hi Hitesh,
What is your view on Mayur? It seems it has fallen out of the radar of most of us in spite excellent track record and return ratio.

Regards,
Raj

myprasanna
hi
i am new to forum so,be cool…and as dealer in seed ,pesticide and fertilizer.
KSCL IS down …still cotton rates are down .one"s cotton rates pickup farmer will shift from other crop to cotton.this year to dealers will book less quantity with co in advance.

Canfin after the run up seems to be approaching fair value but if it can keep up the promised and expected growth of 30% or thereabouts, valuations can sustain and can even get richer.

1 Like