Hitesh portfolio

@sudheendra… I guess you would need to take a call on your own because I couldnt figure out what is going to provide better returns. Instead of consolidating why not keep it as it is?

@nani… Dhanuka is making all time highs… Why the need to get out? Let it run as high as it wants… One thing I have learnt is to be sure about a top and maybe sell 10% lower rather than be too early in selling.

@mallikarjun… I tried looking into suven but couldnt decipher too much out of it… so no inclination to pursue it. There are many many more stocks out there so why get fixated only by one?

1 Like

Thanks again.

SO this is purely on the breakout setup.

When such breakout fails what happens?

Should one use stop?

Bharat

What technicals triggered your Biocon buy? Why are you still holding it? Are you following any trailing stop?

Brief explanation will be useful.

Thanks.

Bharat

:))

How do you ensure that top has been formed & things won’t go up now? what technical indicators guide you here?

@bharat, If you are trading only based on technicals, you need to have a stop. But if u have a hypothesis combining both technicals and fundamentals there are high chances of success.

@ bharat… biocon broke out of a resistance zone of 300-330 with good vols and consolidated above it for quite some time…that prompted me to buy. Plus some indicators like the monthly adx etc were indicating strong uptrend.

@jatin kalra… there’s no way to be sure of a top… but usually stocks that are going to go up dont correct sharply or reverse sharply from a recent top… at most they correct 5-10% and then resume uptrend. U need to be careful where u see a high volume spike and then a sharp reversal.

1 Like

thanku Hiteshbhai…

Regards

mallikarjun

bought some inox today.

daily chart shows a flaglike consolidation. monthly chart also attached showing good upside possibilities.

comments on both charts.

attached monthly chart of inox with comments put in.

Hi Hitesh,

Which website/software you use to see monthly charts. Moneycontrol offers only daily charts which I use.

Thanks,

Sunil

sunil

I have got my software for charts with data since long back.

hitesh.

sunil, you can try chartlinks, it has daily, weekly, monthly charts with several indicators

http://chartink.com/stocks/kscl.html Link: http://chartink.com/stocks/kscl.html

Off topic but since Hitesh is a big fan of Peter Lynch and his teachings, I thought I’ll post it here - Charlie Rose interviewing Peter Lynch.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/peter-lynch-s-journey-from-funds-to-philanthropy-iTnw6PT4QR~Vx_GrewmQmw.html

Having read his books, it was real nice to listen to him speak. He comes across as a real simple, self assured, down-to-earth guy.

)- HG

Hi Hitesh,

Can you suggest 2-3 fundamentally strong pharma co for 1 year horizon ? I may consider 1 pharma co for riskier bet for the same duration.

My fund for pharma is 1L today.

Thanks

Kunal

kunal

I think you would need get your own conviction by looking at various stocks discussed on valuepickr. My picks would be jb chem, unichem and ajanta (mainly bcos they are well discussed on VP) but it is no use buying on borrowed conviction.

hitesh.

1 Like

Hi Hitesh, Can Inox trading at a PE of 40 really move up 50-100% from here on? I have taken a position at 112.

Hi Hitesh,

I am thinking of switching from Canfin to Repco. I plan to keep this for > 2 years. Would appreciate your views on this. I have some gain in Canfin but I think Repco is correcting and seems to be offering a decent entry point.

thanks,

HG

Hi Hitesh Bhai,

Even I needed your view on CanFin Home. I sold it over the past one month with some 12 - 15% profit to buy more JB Chemicals, Symphony and Dhanuka (after it ran above 200). I thought that these companies would be better long/medium term plays compared to CanFin.

Regards,

Ankit

dont do anything on my say so… take ur own judgement and decide.

regarding valuations there could be any number of triggers playing out in future… I am also not too sure what triggers could be. But looking at the consolidation going on in the space things might turn interesting in future if there are very few players in the space e.g PVR and Inox and maybe someone else.

HG and Ankit,

Repco has hardly corrected from 360 to 340… canfin is stuck around 170 odd levels. valuation wise canfin seems a no brainer but the PSU tag seems to be playing spoilsport. But over time these negatives are also digested by markets and I feel canfin might provide decent returns.

Ankit, Coming to stocks you mentioned, esp in case of dhanuka its no use trying to chase prices… Stock has made a huge move of more than 50% upside from 130 to 200 plus… And at around 200 plus stock is quoting at close to 12-13 times estimated eps of around 16-17 for fy 14.

Personally I would give some more time to canfin and see how it goes.

Ok. Thanks a lot