Hitesh portfolio

u can look at hdfc bank, unichem, hawkins, navneet, gruh etc.

hitesh , if u dont mind u please update your porfolio?

updated on monday. maybe its on previous page.

Hi Hitesh Any view on Page at 4000?

Hitesh Bhai,

What are good books on interpreting/analysing financial statements(and not about how to read) of comapnies?

buy and be ready to add on declines.

http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/must-have-investing-basics-books Link: …/…/…/must-have-investing-basics-books

Hi Hit bhai,
Maybe I am getting a bit off-track here,but needed to ask you this: Yesterday,Alembic P.'s stock price went up 8% to 136,intraday it fell to 99.5!! Delivery @ 22%,Volumes above average…how is this possible??
Your views.

sagar,

It could be a one off trade at 99.5. try comparing lows of both bse and nse which could give a true picture.

Hitesh bhai is one of the reason unichem has underperformed other pharma names is it’s domestic focus? Domestics have issues with price control and slower growth where as exporters have faster growth and tailwind of rupee depreciation?

Thanks

Could be one of the reasons but I think the main reason is that the company had a string of poor quarters followed by turnaround… Markets usually look at turnarounds with a jaundiced eye. So unichem needs to put up another couple of good quarters in terms of sales and profit growth to get back to its glory days.

2 Likes

Hit bhai,
They were similar…a difference of 1-2 Rs. only.Someone on the moneyctrl site suggested that a sell order may have been accidentally placed.I mean,other than this why should the price oscillate 30+% in one trading session alone?!!

there’s market for you. maybe someone’s margin call got triggered.

if u have a position in f&o and u have put in shares of alembic pharma as collateral margin then if the broker needs more margin he can sell your shares and if that happens they sometimes resort to selling at market rates… In thinly traded shares, often there are very few buyers and so the stock price goes down drastically. Once people see shares offered at such good prices, people jump in to buy and then price again goes up to where equilibrium returns.

Hit bhai,
They were similar…a difference of 1-2 Rs. only.Someone on the moneyctrl site suggested that a sell order may have been accidentally placed.I mean,other than this why should the price oscillate 30+% in one trading session alone?!!

there’s

** triggered.if **

returns.

Hit bhai,
Thats the problem,APL is not an F&O stock.There is no pledging as well.
Anyways,Thanks for your views :slight_smile:

Hi Sagar & Hitesh Sir,

If I can take the liberty to elaborate a bit on what Hitesh sir explained.

Sagar- What Hitesh was trying to say is if you/anyone had a position in F&O (in any stock) and they had put in shares of APL (or any other stock) as collateral. And if the margin gets triggered, in such a case the broker would just sell the collateral (in this case APL) to recover the additional margin. So the price of that particular stock (supposedly APL here) would fall drastically. It does not matter at all if APL is in F&O or not. Shares of APL acts as security/collateral here.

Hope this would help.

1 Like

Hi Hitesh,

While talking about Alembic , I remember you had invested in Alembic and FDC earlier which is not figuring in your latest updated portfolio. Any reason for selling? I am invested in both and want to take a call on profit booking, request your feedback

regards

Ramesh

A conscious move towards concentration took toll of my holding in fdc… alembic I had a very small position earlier which I had exited earlier.

regarding my feedback, pl do ur own study and base ur decisions on that. My feedback should not affect your investment decisions.

Hi HiteshBhai

What are your views on Rajesh exports? Is it impacted due to govt policies on gold? After Gitanjali Gems story, seems like people have lost hope on jwellery businesses.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thanks anil,
Silly of me to have not got it at the first go.Got it now. :slight_smile:

thank you Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

While talking about Alembic , I remember you had invested in Alembic and FDC earlier which is not figuring in your latest updated portfolio. Any reason for selling? I am invested in both and want to take a call on profit booking, request your feedback

regards

Ramesh

A

** earlier.regarding **

decisions.