Gurugram Valuepickr

Hey Sajal, 15 of us have joined: WhatsApp ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಆಹ್ವಾನ. Will start with the introductions and potential meeting plan once more people are in

Hi. I am in. It would be awesome to share ideas and learn from each other.

Hi, I am from gurugram. Ill join whatsapp group shared too

Joined the group! Happy to meet you all in Gurgaon

This is cool. Thanks for the efforts.

Would request everyone (from Gurugram) to join this group.

Introductions can wait for few days (let’s say till Monday), so that more and more people can know each-other ( because if we start giving our intros now , then late joiners won’t be able to see).

Then telegram group is better where old messages can be read by new one and one can sort by dates also

Hi all, we’re are running a focused Gurugram Meetup (monthly) already.

It’s an open Group but we require Investors who can invest 15 hrs of research / week minimum. Domain Expertise is highly appreciated but beginners are welcome too.

We follow Value based investing but are open to Momentum, PEAD and Special Situations as warranted.

If the above sounds like its your thing, you can join here

Please NOTE :

• Sales/Marketing Strictly prohibited.
  • Attendance is Mandatory atleast once in 2 months. Meetups are monthly.

Hi, Links are not working for me.

1 Like

Try this please WhatsApp ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಆಹ್ವಾನ

Next upcoming Meetup is on 12th May 2024 Sunday. Timing And Venue to be decided soon.

2 Likes

Hello I am new in this group just joined .I have no knowledge but anyone give some work for me I will try for reserch . Thanks

1 Like

I am also keen. Will join the whatsapp group. Look forward to meet on 12th May.

1 Like

Good idea and initiative to work on this meet-up. Only difficult part is getting serious contribution on such meetings.

1 Like

I think let’s start a meet…contents and ideas / contributions can be taken up at appropriate time.

1 Like

I am from Gurgaon, but currently based in UAE, I would like to part of the group. The challenge for me is for F2F meetings. Can we also float around on online connect program besides the F2F meetings. Really looking forward to the same

3 Likes

I am in. Thanks for having this group.

2 Likes

Sure thing. We can look into it. You can join us by clicking here

Exactly, we have a gameplan for that. We’re doing small meets of 6-12 members and forming a process around research. Written research is mandatory for attendance for example to weed out non-serious members. So, I’d like to believe we’re doing something interesting that will elevate everyone’s game over time.

If you haven’t already joined, give it a go (join here) our next meet is likely in a week or less time.

Pic from our last meet on 12th May 2024 - 12 Members.

(Disclaimer : I have not taken explicit permission to share this photo here from ALL the members in the pic. If anyone has an issue, let me know, will remove it :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

For people passionate about researching on microcaps (<1000 Cr mcap) and based out of Delhi NCR

The idea:

A small group focused on deep research and in-person discussions on microcaps exclusively.

Rationale:

I strongly believe that lack of liquidity and institutional research can create significant alpha for individual investors. 850+ companies have become 100-baggers in India over the last 20 years, most of these were microcaps for significant periods of time. Identifying even two or three such 20x/50x/100x opportunities with sizeable allocation can significantly alter one’s wealth-creation journey.

Objectives:

“Mr. Buffett, there are thousands of companies out there. How do you even begin to find good ones to invest in?”

“Well, start with the A’s.”

The objective is to:

1. Build a database of high-quality, well-positioned businesses that can provide disproportionate returns and
    1. Act when the opportunity strikes. Our work might not yield fruits over the short-term (esp. given the current state of the markets). However, market corrections or corporate events will for-sure create enough opportunities in future.

What we will do:

• Ideation and bucketing of companies which are in your circle of competence/ interest.
    • Deep dive on companies that seem like promising opportunities.

Commitment from members:

• 5-10 hours weekly on research
    • Couple hours for discussions (preferably in-person)

Preferred experience

Just passion for equity investing and identifying good businesses. However, it will be good to have some experience of personal/professional investing (reading annual reports, making sense of the financial statements).

Sample output of a similar exercise I had been doing earlier. Will need to refine it:

Factors considered for initial bucketing (30-90 min level):

If anyone is interested, please DM me

4 Likes

I have joined the WA group. I am gurgaon resident for last 25+ years but due to Out station job, i visit gurgaon only once in few weeks . hence bit difficult to join F2F meetings though not impossible. are there any online meetings?

1 Like