Gaurina Portfolio Review

@Gaurina1803 , Good to note that, at least you have a plan to trim your long list. I see the list and on absolute returns basis, some of the stocks either gave negative returns or barely in positive (unless, you bought them very recently). So keep a track and have strict stop loss for these stocks, should markets fall.

Coming to ITC, The stock has not performed since 2013, so imagine the frustration of shareholders. Isn’t it so long wait?? And do not get misled by divided yield of ITC, it is bound to be high as the stock price is low. Also keep in mind FY21 onwards all dividends are taxable so check your post tax returns. Well, ITC may be an employee friendly company, but for me (as an investor) I expect it to be a shareholder friendly company too. Looking at its sever underperformance for years, I do not understand why the management is so lazy to take a call on demerger to unlock the value for shareholders? Well, for me the bigger issue is promoter holding in ITC, which is “0”. So where is the promoter skin in the game?? I hate companies having no or low promoter holding. Rest is your call.

I fully agree to your original post, your belief, quoting success of a company depends on its people etc. etc…but there are several other business dynamics which are critical for the success of the company. Hence, in stock selection, HR is just one measure amongst several others. For me, parameters beyond HR (management quality) are ROE, ROCE, debt, promoter holding, dividend paying, last 5 years top line & bottom line growth, monopoly / duopoly, any entry barriers etc. and finally whether the company (sector) has all the tailwinds to do well in next one decade?.

Coming to Domino’s pizzas, more than my conviction, its your conviction and your call matters the most. In a highly competitive food market, one will have to wait and see how the management executes their future growth plans. For now, just keep an eye on few red flags…dramatic high borrowings (debt) on the books since 2020 and negative cash flows in 2021.

Well, JSW in a way they came free and you have nothing to lose and today you are sitting on 8-9X profits. At the minute, all metal stocks are in super cycle owing to good demand from the large economies and hence good rally in all metal stocks irrespective of their fundamentals. So exit, when the party is over in them and get few high quality (mid/small cap) stocks in kids portfolio, which might turn into multibaggers by the time your kids grow up.

2 Likes