Gaurav's Portfolio- Growth + Value advantage

Created new screen on screener.in

http://www.screener.in/screens/9211/Incremental%20Growth%20Stocks/?sort=Price+to+Earning&order=desc&page=1

1 Like

good screen,

some thoughts …

Why not use debt to profit instead of debt to equity as profits matter more and add a PEG of less than 1 to show the undervalued of these wonderful companies …

open to any criticism comments…just trying to improvise…:-). Maybe valupickrs why not start a screen thread and add our custom screens with rationale…

Congrats Gaurav on your fantastic conviction and allocation on Avanti.

Very few people have so high an allocation on Avanti like you.

Could you explain the reasons for it? Are you still holding on or have reduced the allocation post sharp run up?

mvalue

Profits are not usually taken as they are volatile. An extraordinary income for example can lead to selection of a company. But in general, debt to profit would also make sense if combined with the debt to equity.

I will just like to pen down some thoughts about the screen. Basically,I have intentionally created criteria such that people like astral, ajanta, mayur, page & many more high quality names get selected. There could be many ways to do it, have done one of them. Many others have done so.

The ‘approach’ ( my screen being only 1 subpart of the approach) helps us check what other companies have atleast some common features compared to some of this great compounders/ multibaggers. I am sure this has been done many times by lot of people before, but I think we can make it more scientific as you suggested. To tell you the truth, I have been investing very actively from 7 years, following valuepickr since 3 years, have created my login in screener.in long time back, but never understood the range of features it provides. I think it is one of the brilliant tools for starting the analysis from PNL & Balance sheet point of view. For me , that holds very high importance.

Anyway I think it would be quite interesting for the larger group to add new & creative screens and discuss our point of views on why the screen holds importance. Its great way to identify some new undiscovered names.

Vivek

Thanks for the encouragement. I increased my exposure on Avanti significantly after amazing Q3 results and have been holding most (70%) of it since then.I did agree with everyone else that their were risks but believed that the impact and probability of the events were/are a bit overstated just because of the past experience.According to my reasoning, the bad experiences of EMS disease at various places & for India will always lead to overestimation of whatever risks their are in a particular business.

At 5-6 PE with profits doubling each year and high dividend payout, it looked very attractive post Q3 results. Another appealing aspect is that it is market leader, which gives it an advantage of price setter to some extent. Usual things like low debt & high ROCE were anyway there.

I think most positives/negatives hold true even now except the valuation part. It is not as cheap obviously but I still think it is trading at reasonable prices in context of the movements in some of the other small/mid caps. I do not plan to sell it materially before 1800 (unless any confirmed news starts coming about any problems in core business such as disease, high RM cost or significant decline in Shrimp prices). I will revisit my decision post Q2.

Good point gaurav.

I also entered in feb 14 & still holding on

If 2000 Cr turnover (478 cr already done post capex in Q1)is achieved then market cap will also surely touch 2000 cr in due course of time.

More capex being planned in feed,processing n hatchery under guidance from 25% SH TUF who are world leaders & enjoy a PE of 25.

So FY 15 & 16 EPS can touch120-140 & 160-180 for FY 16 as demand remains huge,execution is excellent by these ethical promoters & disease chances slim IMHO.

Buy on every dip & stay invested. A classic case of averaging on upside.

Good point gaurav.

I also entered in feb 14 & still holding on

If 2000 Cr turnover (478 cr already done post capex in Q1)is achieved then market cap will also surely touch 2000 cr in due course of time.

More capex being planned in feed,processing n hatchery under guidance from 25% SH TUF who are world leaders & enjoy a PE of 25.

So FY 15 & 16 EPS can touch120-140 & 160-180 for FY 16 as demand remains huge,execution is excellent by these ethical promoters & disease chances slim IMHO.

Buy on every dip & stay invested. A classic case of averaging on upside.

Hi Gaurav, I have added Granules india @118 recently after fall n bad news n clarification from management. screener shows still it’s a growth story what is yr view. Also let us know recent changes in yr portfolio