Election Punts: If we get a strong government in 6 months

Good morning. Since i had not joined this forum in 2013, I did not have the opportunity to read this post when it was first written. I read it with interest and also alarm! I have been searching for posts on HPCL, in the light of the current merger with ONGC.

I am not sure whether this is the correct place to bring up the topic of HPCL, but I could not find another link/post.

I have been reading various articles about the HPCL-ONGC merger. I am trying to understand why this merger is not good news for small retail investors in HPCL - I have a very small holding in HPCL.

HPCL as an entity will continue to exist, or so they say. The HPCL stock at its current levels is still undervalued. Both HPCL and ONGC are Govt-owned and the entire exercise as I seem to read it - is simply to get the GOI some more money for its coffers.

Is it because of the news that SEBI may excuse ONGC from open offer in HPCL? Hypothetically, if there was such an offer and I did not take it up would that really affect my profit in the long term?

I would appreciate some help in understanding the reasoning behind the news - bad news for HPCL share-holders

Read this post from 2013. In the run up to the 2019 elections would you say that most of what you have written here is equally applicable to the current situation in 2018?

What prescience you showed Dhvanil in this post wrt PSUs and how true it turned out to be.

Save for monopolies like Coal India n MOIL n also if the tailwinds also there PSUs seldom make money. Of course if they r privatized like Maruti, CMC, IPCL, HZL like what ABV did its a different league then. Any chance of Modi doing the same if he wins 2nd term??

Is it time again to revisit this line of thinking?

To give context in the words of a famous investor: