Digitization- A game changer for TV18?

somtime back i asked our cycle expert @jitenp Commodity and Cyclical Plays - #955 by yourraj and he answered in very good way that the streaming is the way forward . Why i consider this is is going to be disruptive player because of foolwing key triggers .

Quality content First they have a good database of content and as with the cheapest data in the world in the hands of Indian consumer they look forward to spend more time in entertainment . i am not sure how much . But if one see the battery usage we find more battery is pend on the internet activities rather than making call or receiving calls . So the product is cheap and within the reach of customer nd at disposal of time as and when required by the customers .

Enlarging subscription : Money control has also started offering premium services some time back and it is also good value for he money on top of the revenue generated from the advertisements .we have seen a qantum jump in the subscription of the TV 18 broadcast.

Rumours Fuel the growth : a couple of weeks there were news that sony may acquire the stack in the TV18 but the mangment has declined the rumors but wo know what is going to happen in future .

Expanding boundaries : the digital landscape has diminish the effect of geographic boundaries and the Indian living abroad are mostly stream the content through the net boxes ( IP TV ) such as Real TV . the company have additional stream of revenue apart form conventional .

Underdog Topper TV : They have good content ( peer is byju’s ) but the company has not tapped it’s full potential . My kids enjoying and easy to learn .There is huge market one can see the KOTA magic in IIT -JEE exams .

Most important is Change of Jockey in 2017 i.e Mr. RAGHAV BHAL is not a part of the COMAPNY NOW he is OUT - He was founder of the company ( one can search his profile )

Regards
Disc: invested from lower levels so my views may be biased , This is not any recommendation to buy sell of hold i am not any sebi approved analyst . Please study and consult registered advisors before making any decision .

1 Like