Deepak's portfolio requesting feed back

Styles vary. Check Howard Mark how many he used to hold in PF, same way our @ayushmit

1 Like

I am from the same constituency and I would say that he deserved the most to lose. Not everything you see in the social media is true. ā€˜Poor guyā€™ you know, funny.

We all have our differing our political views but it is better we donā€™t bring that into investing. I have been here probably less than a year but I would like to learn more from here. Not about politics. Thanks!

And best of luck for your 10k. Get it done under 70!!

1 Like

hi Sai,

I have been using this space as a journal of sorts. Its purely my opinion dude and i may be wrong. I have been living in chennai and during the floods i see lot of people complaining that funds arent utilized properly. roads in my vicinity that lead to hospital and schools are full of craters leading to accidents. I feel the infrastructure havenā€™t developed at the speed at which other states are developing theirs. the party still able to retain all their seatsā€¦ i dunno may be its me , i prefer a change from this regime.

Thanks for the wishes dude, will hope to have some fun along the way as its in Coorg . Last i trekked Mount Batur dormant volcano which was 2 hours ascent and 3 hours on descent. some 8 kms totalā€¦

3 Likes

This is how my portfolio looks like. Sold 2/3 of Aegis . Really got lucky with my entry point. Added few other portfolio stocks with the proceeds. So many stocks in my portfolio are waiting at an opportune exit point (more of a opportunistic entry/exit). Except few not many of them are part of the core portfolio.

Instrument Current Value Return
KOTAKBANK 8% 2
IDFCFIRSTB 6% 110
IDFC 2% 162
SKIPPER 5% 359
INTELLECT 5% 81
PRAJIND 4% 14
PVRINOX 4% -1
HDFCBANK 4% 7
PAUSHAKLTD 4% -6
VINATIORGA 4% 3
SGBJ28VIII-GB 3% 38
SGBJAN29IX 3% 55
EIHOTEL 3% 97
SYNGENE 3% 4
HINDWAREAP 2% 6
AVANTIFEED 2% 56
3BBLACKBIO 2% 192
PRINCEPIPE 2% 7
ASIANPAINT 2% 5
KNRCON 2% 43
UJJIVANSFB 2% 112
CARYSIL 2% 27
MOLDTKPAC 2% 4
FLUOROCHEM 2% 8
SUNTECK 2% 79
NATCOPHARM 2% 73
LAURUSLABS 2% 10
HBLPOWER 1% 416
RACLGEAR 1% -5
APLLTD 1% 25
AEGISLOG 1% 173
PIIND 1% 10
MARICO 1% 63
AMBIKCO 1% 15
HDFCAMC 1% 127
SATIA 1% -2
SANGHVIMOV 1% 10
UNIPARTS 1% -9
KRBL 1% 19
DRREDDY 1% 35
DHPIND 1% 100

Can you add rationale? I hold pi, sunteck and idfc from this list

More like Iā€™m diversifying across sectors

PI for the CDMO opportunity in the agro chemical space. Also its branching out to pharma CDMO

Sunteck- I like how the company is focused on the geography BKC in mumbai . Promoters pedigree/execution abilities. Star investors validation/association of Kotakā€¦ having said all that my allocation is small that i would exit it at the next meaningful rise

IDFC- probably my longest and largest holding. Holding for 3 years and starting picking when it was capital first making my initial buy price @42. I even doubled down when it reach 30 @Juneā€™22 when after two quarters of better performance the price dropped since the market was expecting the company to post treasury losses due to the rising yields. I sensed its a one off incident even if it happens. I dont mind the frequent dilution. Most of the private banks are available at attractive valuations now and its my top pick due to the better IT interface , credit cards segment growing and the newly opened branches breaking even to bringing the cost to income ratio down. Will offload 50% kotak and hdfc may be in future to make entry in to other sectors( renewables / water/ ESG kinda theme).

My regret mostly have been the error of omission (recent one being technoelectric). Once the risk reward is in you favor, i think its better to pull the trigger first and do the detailed study later.

Consolidated my portfolio allocation. In cash 5% and will deploy if market presents better (tempting) opportunities.

Instrument Allocation
KOTAKBANK 8%
IDFC 2%
IDFCFIRSTB 6%
SGB 6%
INTELLECT 5%
PRAJIND 5%
PVRINOX 4%
PAUSHAKLTD 4%
SKIPPER 4%
HDFCBANK 4%
VINATIORGA 3%
HINDWAREAP 3%
3BBLACKBIO 3%
SYNGENE 3%
EIHOTEL 3%
RACLGEAR 3%
PRINCEPIPE 2%
AVANTIFEED 2%
ASIANPAINT 2%
UJJIVANSFB 2%
CARYSIL 2%
KNRCON 2%
MOLDTKPAC 2%
SANGHVIMOV 2%
NATCOPHARM 2%
HBLPOWER 2%
SUNTECK 2%
LAURUSLABS 1%
APLLTD 1%
SATIA 1%
PIIND 1%
AMBIKCO 1%
HDFCAMC 1%
MARICO 1%
AEGISLOG 1%
KRBL 1%
UNIPARTS 1%
DRREDDY 1%
DHPIND 1%

Would you please purchase or sale after last PF post and the rationale for the same ?

Bought more of Sanghvi movers and RACL.

Sanghvi movers the revenue expected to go up since they are venturing in to EPC. also the closest i have to wind energy proxy. My biggest realization is i missed out the renewables big time. Having made the initial allocation will wait for results to load up further

RACL the only auto ancillary company i have i my portfolio, having sold asahi earlier. Want to bring the allocation to a decent level and below 1100 was nice levels to add having missed at 200 and 400 (reason why we should study the story faster before the price gallops faster) will again look at the quarterly results to add further

Have sold very few quantities across many companies (aegis, vinati, praj skipper etcā€¦) to raise cash.

Will also reduce my holdings in kotak at opportune time.

1 Like