Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

Dear manish962
i had not read this line in the post
"from here on we may expect it to double by end Sept.2016"
and if this is repeated in other threads posts also then its not a healthy practice and must be stopped .

Found this video… Success story of Cupid Ltd

6 Likes

Hi,

Can someone explain me the new BSE guidelines in simple words which has been applied in Cupid stock
I have gone thru BSE circular, but got further confused.

Thanks

From today it is a 10% circuit v/s 0% circuit till yesterday

@RajeevJ any news on this? Up 10% yesterday and very strong today also on high volumes.

Guys,

Dont you think it is getting overheated, it looks beyond re rating. Even if one take Rs16 EPS in FY 16, it is trading beyond 30 PE already. Although earning visibility is strong, but I guess it needs to consolidate for some time, other wise this steep rise can also lead to small investors getting trap in momentum like always.

Stock has risen 990 % now in last one year :smiley:

True Santosh.

Disc: I sold half my holding today cause of over valuation (IMHO).

1 Like

Cupid female condom got approval from Zimbabwe, potentially a large market, today.

2 Likes

@Ishank Plz give the source. any information, update??

Twitter handle @unfpa_zimbabwe

1 Like

thanks ishank for sharing the valuable info

There was news sometimes back that Cupid female condoms are being tested in Zimbabwe. http://www.keycorrespondents.org/2015/04/09/zimbabwe’s-female-condom-success-story-takes-new-form/
We are not aware of the results. I have not been able to find any news item about its approval. Nevertheless, as USFDA/WHO has already approved the product, I dont think any major problem is getting the product approved at other places too.
Now the real challenge remains fresh orders and popularization of the product. It Amazon, it is seen that Cupid condom is priced higher than Velvet (300 to 260) and at the same time customers are more happy with cupid condoms. The share price has gone high, and the stock has started looking expensive… some new development is required to sustain high stock prices.

1 Like

This was posted on nov 30 @unfpa_zimbabwe twitter handle please see if its helpful

on UNFPA ZIMBABWE ‏@UNFPA_Zimbabwe Nov 30
The cupid female condom is accepted in #Zim based on acceptability study @UNFPA @cheikh @condomizezwe Condomize!

UNFPA ZIMBABWE ‏@UNFPA_Zimbabwe Nov 30
The female condom needs to be marketed more as there are men in addition to women who enjoy using it @cheikh @UNFPA

UNFPA ZIMBABWE ‏@UNFPA_Zimbabwe Nov 30
Female condom acceptability talk going on now in conf room 4 right now @UNFPA @cheikh @ICASA2015ZIM @condomizezwe

Thanks Guys for keeping us informed on the news.

http://www.thebusinessconnect.co.zw/index.php/component/k2/item/26-zimbabweans-accept-cupid-condom-study

Disc: . Bought back the shares towards end of the day :smile:

3 Likes

Superb timing Raj, looking at your earliest post, I was asking myself, what if Cupid get another order? :grinning:

1 Like

Great timing :smile:

1 Like

Not exactly. Short term tax will be lot more than profits on such a trade. Holding long term makes lot of sense in such stocks.
I see cupid as a brilliant business for next 10 years. The female condoms is a relatively new product. Opportunity size is large. It may shift some of the business consumer facing. 30 pe is actually not a high valuation.
Holding since 110 levels

2 Likes

Agree Vijay. But the risk may be that although the opportunity size is large, there may be many more other players (after getting due licence etc. ofcourse) who may jump into this business and destroy the pricing power/oligopoly of the market. If the new entrant is with deep pockets and better technology it may even bring cupid to knees. Any thoughts on how cupid will be able to sustain or protect moat around it for next 10 years would be welcome.

Disc.: Tracking closely

Of course, and this threat is in almost every business now. E.g. Patanjali threat to decade and century old FMCG brands with very strong moat.
So, though I am bullish for long term, I am keeping my eyes and ears open. If there is a credible threat, one can sell the stock whenever it happens.

Hello all,

Please read through the feedback Cupid has got from females who have used them in Zimbabwe. It seems the product quality is excellent. The sponge in the condom seems to make a lot of difference. Very low rejection rate by those surveys.
If they are able to beat F2C in cost and quality there is a huge market to be captured. Lets hope for the best. This story is still on.

Regards,
Nikhil

2 Likes