Commodity and Cyclical Plays

Aluminium prices have corrected by over 20% from recent peak.Which are the aluminium consumer companies that are expected to benefit from it. I could not figure out a company which uses aluminium as key raw material…Thanks in advance

1 Like

Consumer durables … Pressure cookers …Though I am not sure about the time lag when the margins will show less input costa.
Regards
Ps…invst in ttk prestige

2 Likes

Yeah, branded pressure cooker companies will not lower prices.

Will be gud for them

Hello hits bhai .the valuations of many textile players are looking cheap .are you tracking this industry.how is demand supply scenario of this industry

2 Likes

Havells recently came out with its Q3 numbers. Aluminium consists 15% of its RMC, They faced margin pressures due it its increasing costs.

1 Like

pellet prices set to go up due to supply disruptions at vale brazil @jitenp

source https://www.steelmint.com/news/indian-pellet-export-prices-set-to-rise-on-vale-supply-disruption-reports-131118
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-30/global-iron-ore-market-convulsed-as-vale-flags-supply-disruption

1 Like

is there any website that keeps track of the raw materials and finished products of various listed companies for example like heg manufacturers graphite electrodes from calcined coke so something like that i could only find mojomarket as such source does someone know anyother such source? Thanks

1 Like

@jitenp. Both Ferro chrome companies have corrected significantly. The fe chrome prices are around one year low. What is your view on this sector and both these companies currently
Would appreciate your views. Thanks

1 Like

one must wait. I will ramp up only when I see cycle turning. As of now, monitoring it. Do have initial foot in the door.

2 Likes

Jiten sir , any suggestion in capital goods and engineering sector where we can start building position

Cannot give suggestions on stocks names now. Due to regulatory reasons.

Hi @jitenp
What is your view on the iron ore sector over the next two years given Vale disruption in Brazil (NMDC in particular is in multi year lows)?

I’m optimistic as of now. Though, I would like it to stabilize and not run away. If it hold 70$, one can continue to be positive.

1 Like

What about iron ore pellets…the prices have remained steady in global markets. In fact, the prices have gone up by ~10-15% in the last two months. What do you make of it from a 2-3 year perspective. Can the average realizations continue to be in a range of 100$ per tonne.

Regards
SJ

Pellet prices have also gone up. But, I am not taking a very long term view as of now. If pellet price sustains 6500, then it will be good. Situation can change and is very dynamic. Chinese demand and supply needs to be monitored closely.

1 Like

As I had mentioned in last few months, cement sector looks interesting. Have created a basket there. Do have a 2-3 year view on that. News on cement price rises have started coming. It’s possible that worst is over in Q3 and there should be incremental improvement going forward.

3 Likes

Iron ore prices really heating up because of Vale disruption. Is NMDC worth looking at from a short-term perspective (1yr)?

“However experts believe Vale will be able to bring back almost all of its lost production by early 2020.”

http://en.ce.cn/main/latest/201902/19/t20190219_31510922.shtml

1 Like

Oct 2018 view.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hello jiten bhai.i was looking at roes and roces of small cement companies like ncl anjaniiportland Deccan etc they are superior to big players.are you following this sector?