CarTrade Tech - A Multi-Channel Auto Platform

Now, they have given more details on acquisition. It’s not that bad as it also include whole OLX classified (buy- sell for all other items than cars) so tech and products are good but I have only one questions after years of trying to make this work (if i remember correctly OLX has invented whole buying selling of second hand things (Olx (OnLine Exchange) was founded around 2006 as per google) and still revenue is only 177 crs (though 111 crs profit before product and tech cost) and it had one of the best backer of tech company (Prosus) and still they could not scale much. Now current management did not build most things as they have acquired most of the business.

They have also schedule concall on Monday for the same. Not sure if this has been planned after mail or they were planning to do it after closing transactions.

Thanks!

I believe that in the backdrop of cash pile in their books, OLX Acquisition is the best bet from available options. OLX Classified is highly profitable. If the company succeeds in reducing the cost of C2B Transactions as they have fully focused on it, it might be a great value addition for Cartrade. However, it will be clear only in next few quarters.

1 Like