BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)- Bet on Financialization?

Can someone explain what this interoperability means ?

I think they are talking about intraday interoperability. Delivery trades are anyway interoperable. Intra however, you will need to square of position in the same exchange, and most times, these stocks will carry some price variation owing to tick sizes in both exchange.

They probably sell it through their fully owned subsidiary. SEBI may not have jurisdiction over that.

Yes that maybe true. All we can do is try and create a level playing field.

Bonus shaes in BSE
BSE_27122021180949_NSEIntimationBM08022022.pdf (357.4 KB)

3 Likes

Good to see some investor activism

Good results, Q3 similar to Q2. Bonus of 2 shares for 1 held declared.

4 Likes

The best part of BSE investor presentation is not its results… Zerodha holdings has increased its shareholding to 4.41% which 3.76% in December quarter. I bought some more today. With all the MFs actively looking at tapping PMS and AIF potential in IFSC (GIFT city) from sovereign pension funds and NRIs, I see a major upside to BSE stock. With LIC openly advertising about policyholders to exercise option to participate in its IPO, CDSL also can show some upside. Basically, Zerodha must have known something which many others don’t know…

Discl - Invested 12% of PF

This story here NSE co-location case: Probe shifts towards money trail, illicit gains | Business Standard News (business-standard.com)
is a big plus for BSE.

NSE IPO is going to take a few years to happen; imagine the RHP docs saying something like “all the top management are under investigation for years”.

IF BSE can figure out how to channelise brokers and other firms to switch to it and starts new services, it can dislodge NSE if it uses the years for tech upgrade and new offerings

My first post here had pointed to irregularities at NSE. Sadly, this is an unnatural duopoly which has been made a monopoly. It shouldn’t be surprising if there is a political angle here.

Most brokers have automated their trades at NSE and hence BSEs efforts at best price execution falls flat. Until a change is forced, things won’t change. BSE’s reduced market share in equity cash segment is proof of this fact.

Scam or no scam, the brokers are latched onto NSE for now.

2 Likes

When is the ex-date for bonus shares please? I couldn’t find the info, are they waiting for shareholder approval?

1 Like

It is yet to be announced. Voting is going on for this bonus resolution till 14th March and if it is approved then company will declare the record date. Thanks!

Is the news true about Ashish applying for NSE. If so will it impact BSE…

In last few years ashish’s aggressive business mind have helped BSE to create blue ocean strategy and other business streams…

He applied 5 years back as well, but lost to current MD Mr. Vikram Limaye.

I also heard Vikram is not interested in continuing his 2nd term with NSE. ( Not verified news, just saw in Twitter news feed )

1 Like

This thread elaborates on a very interesting optionality with BSE.

1 Like

I would be interested in knowing if He will still work towards making the Equity Cash Segment a fair game where NSE is literally mauling BSE.

His current efforts at BSE and his future job prospects are counter to each other.

2 Likes

Still waiting on the power exchange official launch.

1 Like

Good set of numbers from BSE. Dividend of Rs. 13.5 per share declared for the year. Below is the highlights from investor presentation:

See the results here and investor presentation here.
Interestingly Zerodha has reduced its holding during the quarter to 3.71%(It was 4.41% as at end of December 2021) - they must have taken advantage of steep price appreciation during Feb-March 2022.

Thanks,
AJ
Disclosure: Remain invested.

1 Like