BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)- Bet on Financialization?

a buyback at Rs 680 is not too way off from your estimate of fair-value pre-buyback @ 650. no? are we quibbling about the rs 30 in excess of your estimate of fair-value?

also, at rs. 650 it was about 3.3k crs mcap. and given they had pre-buyback 1.7k unencumbered cash. so. at that time, the value you put on the rest of BSE was 1.6k crs.

today its 2.4k crs mcap. and post buyback share reduction it would be about 2.2k crs. after buyback the unencumbered cash goes to 1.25k crs. so rest of the business is currently valued at 950 crs.

so surely you still cant be claiming you have turned negative just because of the buyback?

how do you estimate the fair-value now?

1 Like

Please read this post again, I said Rs 650 with some assumptions and then i said another figure with other assumptions mentioned below -

DFC is the most amazing discovery of the world, You name the figure i can come up with that value.

Do check his past record in the Indian market before rushing to clone him - Jammu and Kashmir bank, Rain Industries come on top of mind.

If I understand correctly, at SGX they trade in Singapore dollars and IFSC will trade in USD… Real market base is rupee. I don’t know how the connections, conversions work…

Even if you include SGX Nifty contracts, BSE INX volumes are already equal/better

And on your comment about NSE will beat BSE until the money runs out, Its NSE whose money is stuck as SAT for the co locations scandal.

We always talk about corporate governance issues in other stocks… That doesnt fit the case here ? NSE has clearly been shown to have issues and verdict is given by SEBI already. NSE appealed to SAT and their money is stuck in escrow account.

in 1991 NSE was not even existing and in the last 25 years they managed to snatch the market share. So I dont buy this argument that noting can happen to NSE. Even in currency markets 2014 BSE had zero market share… now it commands 50 % market share.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes. I will keep that in mind.

My experience with BSE. Friends I do some trading in BSE and most of the instances I get good price at BSE as compared to NSE. I do not know the reasons for this but simply want to share this with you. May be for trading purpose in Nifty50 stocks there is no liquidity problem. or could be other reason?
thanks.

Friends and fellow members,

Increasingly find higher level of anxiety due to price movement leading to disucssion which could be avoided. While I respect all great investors and has nothing against any of them and also take close look at their investment, there is no point of following them without detail work from ourside. Otherwise, in US every one would have been Buffet.

So would request all members not to comment only on X is investing and Y is divesting. If we can get details from some interview about what they like in business or chellanges they see in the business, it does make any sense. At every price, there is buyer and seller and hence Price is the supreme god in market in my limited understanding.

We shall respect all, listen to all participants but act on our work which assist in developing in conviction. The test of conviction is in current type adverse environment. Please make this forum more clutterless, clear and concise dealing with business and valuation of issue related to BSE.

Apology for long message and it is not against any fellow individual member but a comment in general.

25 Likes

Visit the above link. This is investor presentation hosted on BSE site (Investors relations).

Refere the slide before the last. This give the list of key share holders.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.
Actually I already know that.
I just wanted to confirm it from other sources.
I checked nse india and other my known resources and failed to confirm this.
That’s why I was wondering

Thanks
Vikas

Buyback of shares to be completed and shares extinguished latest by Oct. 01, 2019.

I have a Reliance Securities account. Does anyone know how to apply for buyback from there. Thanks in advance.

Contact the broker, they’ll tell.
For my Sharekhan account, I normally ask them to apply for the buyback by forwarding the entitlement mail to them.

1 Like

Hi All,
I had some queries regarding buyback as am applying buyback for the first time. I got an email from BSE that i own 100 sharesc(in one of my demat as on that buyback date) and eligible shares for buyback is 12 shares.
So when i tender shares, i need to choose quantity as 12 ? (in buyback screen of HDFC, it asks quantity of shares to tender) or 100 ?

I hold BSE shares in my different demat accounts like zerodha/hdfc and sharekhan. Zerodha has only only one input box (to enter quantity of shares).Sharekhan i understand need to be done offline.

I also read in forum post earlier that retail investor would be given higher percentage while tendering shares (as per emal its 12% for all kind). So this is not true ?

You are allowed to tender all your shares and considering you are holding only 100 shares, the chances of higher acceptance is highly likely.

AJ

1 Like

To answer your question, (1). Minimum 12 shares would be accepted in your case (2) you can submit more than 12 shares, and you should do it in case it is profitable.
Now, how many more shares (beyond 12) being accepted would depend on overall submission by shareholders vs. shares to be bought back. This calculation is category wise, and in most cases, retail investors get higher acceptance ratios in buy backs.
Disc. No holding

1 Like

Is there provision to submit buyback application online for Zerodha? If so can you plz help with information where should I look for the same in their Kite application.

For ICICIDirect, I am aware that there is provision for online submission. But since Buyback is yet to start, we don’t have it in the icicidirect website so far. Am I correct on this?

For Zerodha : find below link
https://support.zerodha.com/category/q-backoffice/portfolio/articles/how-do-i-apply-for-buy-back

yes i think they will put up the link once the buyback window starts

BSE will start trading weekly stock futures and options in all stocks eligible in derivatives from September 19,2019 onwards. BSE will be the only exchange currently offering these contracts. ICCL and NCL, both clearing corporations will provide clearing facilities to these contract under inter operability framework.

https://www.bseindia.com/markets/MarketInfo/DispNewNoticesCirculars.aspx?page=20190830-4

1 Like