Avanti Feeds

Came across this transaction during some other reading, maybe of interest to folks tracking/invested in this.

Acquisition was 70% of company for 800m Danish Kroner (~800 Cr). Revenue of Alimentsa was 500m DKK and EBITDA 110m DKK and 1.1 L tonnes of capacity => rough P/S of 2.2 and price to EBITDA of 10.3. Company was debt free I believe.

1 Like

Vietfish 2017: China seafood prices set firm or rising, shrimp demand strong

Another pretty important development- China has been forced to stop importing from North Korea because of stringent sanctions on NK. It will be an interesting development as Supply Side contract

Source Undercurrent News

3 Likes

Any further chart update sir ?

Dr Sandip, I am sorry I donā€™t have any updates. I think the one dated 17/8 was the last on Avanti. There are some other interesting stocks @GES_Forex has analyzed. You may have a look at this link https://gesforex.com/category/analysis/stocks/india/

1 Like

This is a very important developement. We know the NK trade ban and China is forced to stop import from NK

Now there is another news . We know many of our exports go to Vietnam to be rerouted

4 Likes

Hello Experts,

Is the current trend in avanti feeds indicateā€™s exit ? Even after excellent results the stock is just moving downwards only. It has also breached the channel low as well.
Any opinions ?

Regards
Arvind Singh
( Invested in Avanti )

Apex listing has gone well. Looks like there is more demand for Apex shares than the supply available in the market. Would this have an impact on Avanti shares?

A start-up in US working on oral vaccine for fish and white spot in shrimp

I think the price movement from 900 odd levels in May '17 till the results were in anticipation of the ā€œexcellent resultsā€. Now it is going through time/price correctionā€¦IMHO. Regarding levels/channel please see the chart.

1 Like

The earlier trendline which I expected would be support got broken but now its consolidating around the 20 DMA. Volumes are low. I think it could move up from here but if it breaks the 20 DMA, it will fill that gap and consolidate around 1700-1750 levels.

Will those be good levels to add some more ?

2 Likes

Sub: Commercial Production by Avanti Frozen Foods Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of the Company- Reg.

Pursuant to Regulation 30 of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations 2015, we hereby inform that Avanti Frozen Foods Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of the Company, has started commercial production of Shrimp processing and export at its new Plant in Yerravaram, East Godavari Dist., Andhra Pradesh, with effect from 31st Aug 2017.

This is for your information and record.

Thanking you
Yours faithfully
for Avanti Feeds Limited
C. RAMACHANDRA RAO
JOINT MANAGING DIRECTOR,
COMPANY SECRETARY & CFO

3 Likes

Here is the link:
http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/b23b3261-df08-4670-905d-21da2ecd0429.pdf

Shrimp Imports to US in July 2017 from India continue to rise . July 2017 imports by US from India- 20,500 metric tons. ~ 47.5% higher than Jul 2016 levels and ~ 14% higher than Jun 2017 levels. YTD, volumes from India in 2017 are up by 56%.
Source: https://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/apex/f?p=169:2:::NO:::

I spoke to a local shrimp trader in Bangalore and he mentioned that, export volumes should be higher in August 2017 as well (stocking for Christmas season happens till August/September) . Typically, from September onwards export volumes come down till December. My expectation for Avanti- Q2 financial performance should be marginally higher than Q1.

Disc: invested in Avanti

7 Likes

I quite much agree on Q2 being slightly better
The surprises will now come from the export business. Given the impetus given to traceability in US - there is potential of better margins for AF Frozen
I reckon 12%+ margins possible when capacity ramps up. Thoughts?

Disclosure: invested in AF

http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=aa29d9d5-3fad-4038-afde-cd2d08cecd4a

Avanti starts shrimp processing at their new plant.

Disc : holding from lower levels and no transactions in last 12 months

The US, the largest importer of Indian shrimps, has reduced the anti-dumping duty on the perishable item to 0.84 per cent for Indian exporters.

The US commerce department has announced the reviews of the anti-dumping duty for the period February 1, 2015, to January 31, 2016.

While the rate for Falcon Marine, the largest seafood exporter in the country, has been set at zero per cent, for Liberty Group it is 0.84 per cent. Both Falcon Marine and Liberty Group were mandatory respondents to the review.

The duty finalised is lower than the previous review rates. The final duty for 2014-15 was 2.20 per cent.

ā€œBecause the duty has been lowered, a lot of major exporters will get refunds, which will be a big boost for exports,ā€ said Rajen Padhi, director general of the Utkal Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and a seafood consultant.

The reduction in the rates has come as a relief when uncertainties in seafood trades were visible.

This year the United States International Trade Commission (USITC) voted to extend the anti-dumping orders on imports of frozen warm water shrimp for five more years.

The American Shrimp Processors Association has named India, along with Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, China, and Malaysia, as seven of the 13 countries with which the US ran a significant shrimp trade deficit in 2016.

The US imported 188,617 tonnes of Indian seafood in 2016-17. Export to the US registered growth rates of 22.72 per cent, 33 per cent, and 29.82 per cent in terms of quantity, rupee value, and dollar value, respectively.

ā€œThe duty rate is changing from year to year. The lower rate essentially means there is no dumping in the US and the reduction in the duty helps in boosting trade,ā€ said a trade source.

Source : Business Standard 08092017

8 Likes

2 good data.

Thai Union named to Dow Jones Sustainability Index for fourth year

By Undercurrent News Sep. 7, 2017 15:41 BST
Thai Union Group will remain on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index - Emerging Markets for the fourth year in a row, the company said

China shrimp prices expected to increase as typhoon hits farms in Pearl River Delta

By Seafood.com NEWS Sep. 7, 2017 16:07 BST
Shuichan, translated by Amy Zhong, Seafood.com News

A typhoon has hit main shrimp aquaculture regions of Chinaā€™s Pearl River Delta (PRD) region hard. With a reduction of shrimp, prices are expected to rise later this year

3 Likes

The non-genetically improved cultured Indian white shrimp is found to have a growth and productivity on a par with the Pacific white shrimp. ā€œSince Indian white shrimp is a native species, there is no fear of alien pathogens affecting it. And in five years, a genetically improved variety of the native species will prove to be better than the exotic species in Indian conditions,ā€ he said. Apart from farming demonstrations across the country, scientists have also been conducting genetic characterisation of the species. ā€œGenetic characterisation is an important step for selective breeding of a species to genetically modify it,ā€ said Panigrahi. A national workshop on Indian white shrimp farming was also conducted earlier this month among stakeholders where memorandums of understanding were signed to promote white shrimp aquaculture.

Iā€™ve been an investor in Avanti from the last two years and Iā€™ve got a decent knowledge about this company. I didnā€™t invest in Apex IPO as I didnā€™t want to increase my portfolio exposure to this sector further.

However, Iā€™m at a loss to understand the phenomenal run up of Apex post its issue. Could anybody care to connect the dots?

Thanks