ADAG Group - Investment opportunity or not?

Now as Reliance capital is struggling to service the debt and rating agencies are downgrading the company and its subsidiaries, an interesting thing to note here that since mid 2017 lot of key managerial people, who were with the company for many years were resigning one after another giving personal reasons for parting ways: Madhusudan Kela ( CIO, Rel Cap), Devan Mody ( CEO Rel commercial finance), Himanshu Vyapak ( DEputy CEO Reliance Cap), Sunil Singhania ( global head equities), Sam Gosh ( CEO Rel Capital). These guys would be first to see the distress signals of the sinking boat.

Reliance capital tried very hard last year to keep news afloat that all was well with the company, while it was in no position to service the debt last year as well except due to exceptional gains by asset sales. Now the key question is whether they would be able to pull that off this year !

8 Likes

Reliance capital is getting bad day by day. I understand that based on numbers its quite possible and specially given the current state of ADAG companies. Do we see possible ways of its revival (Mukesh can help, which he did once)? If Reliance Capital goes bad way, I am interested in understanding its impact on services / brokerage services provided by Reliance Securities (Reliancesmartmoney.com).

RCOM went bad way & customers had option/forced to move to other service provider, In this case brokerage services of RCAP (Reliance Securities) will be in question.

i) How does it impact retail DEMAT account holders
ii) Will customers be forced to move away (its tougher than changing mobile operator)
iii) Is there any risk to long term holdings
iv) Is it wise to bear the cost of moving to other broker & move out in order to protect securities held

A very detailed article covering all the events leading to present situation of ADAG group:

1 Like

though i started this thread with positivie bias in nov’17 , after careful study i decided to exit in april 18 when news of RNAVAL failing started flowing … didnt ever imagine that such fall can happen … market is supreme !!!

2 Likes

What you might have suspected all along…

I dont know if this is the correct thread, anyone know what would be the demerged price of Rcom if i want to sell now to claim Long term capital loss and save tax on capital gain. I had received Rcom after demerger of RIL.