Yogesh's blue chip 10 Portfolio

Fully agree. Missing the great thoughts of @Yogesh_s… please answer the queries raised in March…thank you

Hello @Yogesh_s, your thoughts on current situation at YES Bank would be truly appreciated at this time. Request for the same when time permits. Thanks

2 Likes

Dear Yogesh ji, Sound bytes awaited!!

@AlokBhola sir can you please share updates in PF. Eager to know if you have added any microcap or any stock from the API space. Sorry for non relevant post : Mods please dont remove the post before a reply

Hi @Yogesh_s. Can I please know your view on current scenario on Yes bank?. Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

Dear Yogesh,

Would you please share your blue chip PF for upcoming year ? If I remember correctly you publish it this time of the year.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@Yogesh_s I think it is a good time for investors to start SIP with a good concentrated bluechip portfolio. Which are the areas one should focus on? Also, which are the ones going to be affected due to the sharp correction in oil prices?

1 Like

Any chance we can get an update on the portfolio, past performance, and also the future tweaks that should / can / would be done, looking forward 1 year?

Thanks.

KKP

3 Likes

Hi @phreakv6, I have recently started tracking this indicator by @Yogesh_s sir (after updating the list with current Nifty 100, Midcap 100, and Smallcap 100). All of them looks overheated with >75% stocks with above 200 DMA. Any thoughts?

Great concentrated portfolio of 10 stocks.

I have started with Yes Bank recently. Also, got enough faith to get into IndiaBulls Finance and Real Estate. ITC and INFY are great ones in there. Sun and TCS are good holds forever. Hero to get back into for me since I sold off on the sharp up move.

For me RIL, L&T, Eicher, Maruti are forever stocks also, but this will put you beyond the 10 that you want to keep.

Please update your portfolio if you have a few minutes with any new ideas in there.

KKP

1 Like

Hi Yogesh,

Do you still use this / googlefinance? As of today, the indicator is at 94

I wish to use googlesheets & need few beginner steps e.g. pulling the tickers automatically for Nifty, NiftyNext50 or a more specific dynamic list of 200 odd stocks.

Thanks for anticipated help

Hi. I have created a dashboard for check % stocks above 200 DMA for NSE500 and All NSE stocks. The idea was inspired by Yogesh Ji. Though I took it forwards to build a time series.

https://abimehrotra.wixsite.com/mysite/nse-technical-dashboard

4 Likes

Here is a sample Google Sheet using GoogleFinance - you can duplicate and use it

1 Like

looks like it is not shared. Can you share it & let us know

Done. Here’s the shared link.

Thanks,

Now If I have to add 200 odd stocks

1) I have the company names from other script (e.g. Asian Paints, Berger Paints, Burger King etc),
2) I can copy paste the name in column B
3) Then search googlefinance for ticker one by one to update column C

Can we automate step (3) as I am getting output of step (1) from a dynamic script ?

Yes, just add the GOOGLEFINANCE formula in column C, which will be empty/NA if the corresponding row doesn’t have a stock ticker. Or you can add an IF condition, say if your cell B3 doesn’t have a ticker set, your C3 could be blank too =IF(ISBLANK(B3), '', GOOGLEFINANCE(B3)). Ton of help material available, and straight forward once you get the hang of it.

NSE500 - National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.

Securities Available for Trading - NSE India

Tickers available here. Just add “NSE:” in front of all of them and copy paste.

hi Yogesh…Ive been following your posts for a while and find them interesting…thanks for same.

Curious to know how your Defensive folio has performed Vs the other two in 2020 and YTD 21.

Also, can you share your latest folios pls?

cheers and thanks…

Thread owner @Yogesh_s is not responding for many months, still respected members seeking inputs/advice/views not understood.