Yogesh's blue chip 10 Portfolio

(Yogesh Sane) #336

My current small caps are PSP Project, Salasar Techno, Beekay Steel and Caplin Point. Mid caps are ICICI Securities. Along with these I have also invested in Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing.

Note: I am not a SEBI registered investment advisor. This list is not a buy/sell recommendation so please do your own due diligence.

(RadheyShyam Aggarwal) #337

Excellent chart sir. Thanks for sharing.

(Arun S G) #338

Thanks yet again for articulating crisply what many of us know in an intuitive way. One point to take care in the figure is to realize that companies can have different time cycles, i.e. a start to finish of a technology company can be 15 years, but an automotive company barely crosses the investor’s chasm in that time!

(Jiitt007) #339

Disclaimer:-you won’t be liable for for any profit & loss​:man_technologist:t2::blush:

(AJ) #340

Thanks for being candid with your positions. Are you still tracking companies including Nitin Spinners and NESCO? These have also corrected significantly during the recent carnage but the recent quarter numbers were positive and looks like they are giving reasonable valuation comfort.

Disclosure: Invested in both NESCO and Nitin Spinners.

(Jiitt007) #341

@Yogesh_s sir skipped to ask you about SME cos. Are you still holding them (worth, Beta, Shanti.Rkec). would like to note about your SME holdings & views over them

(Shailesh) #342

Great Chart … If you plot the same for countries – US is large cap , China will be mid cap and India will small cap … EU will be declining side and Africa will be before Investor Chasm .

Also another way to look is at sector wise market cap vs growth potential . Also compare with global market and see which sector has maximum possibility of growing in size in terms of market cap … ( and don’t compare it with US as it’s economy is dominated by brands / patent owners which India does not have )

From 2008 - 2016 market had many obstacles that skewed long term Gr across sectors which may not be real indicator for future …

Happy Charting

(rkatikam) #343

Hi Yogesh,
I have been following some of your posts. Lots to learn.
Please let us know if this is a model portfolio that you have created or a real portfolio that you are invested in? I read in another post, your investments in PSP, Salasar, Beekay Steel, Caplin, ICICI Securities. What is your latest portfolio?

(sachetanbhat) #344

Yogesh, this is off beat question not directly related to thread here. I am trying to backtesting few model portfolios. I have derived few model portfolios based on certain rules and criteria. Now I would like to test their performance. Is there any way to track the performance of hypothetical portfolios ? If you are using any particular method, could you please inform me?

(Yogesh Sane) #345

My current small caps are PSP Project, Salasar Techno, Beekay Steel and Caplin Point. Mid caps are ICICI Securities. Along with these I have also invested in Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing. Approximately 10-15% in each of these names. This year I have reduced large caps and increased small caps and also reduced number of stocks to 7.

@sachetanbhat to test performance of hypothetical portfolios, you have to value these portfolios at regular intervals like monthly or yearly depending on how granular you want to get and how frequently you transact. Additionally you have to value your portfolios on every cashflow dates if you are actively managing cash position of the portfolio. For valuation, you need historical transactions, historical prices and any corporate actions (bonus, splits, dividends etc).

Using transactions and corporate actions,you can reconstruct your portfolio as on any historical date and then using historical prices you can value it. I had previously made a small presentation on portfolio performance but that is not exactly related to what you are trying to do but something similar.

Link to the post.