Yogesh's blue chip 10 Portfolio

My current small caps are PSP Project, Salasar Techno, Beekay Steel and Caplin Point. Mid caps are ICICI Securities. Along with these I have also invested in Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing. Approximately 10-15% in each of these names. This year I have reduced large caps and increased small caps and also reduced number of stocks to 7.

@sachetanbhat to test performance of hypothetical portfolios, you have to value these portfolios at regular intervals like monthly or yearly depending on how granular you want to get and how frequently you transact. Additionally you have to value your portfolios on every cashflow dates if you are actively managing cash position of the portfolio. For valuation, you need historical transactions, historical prices and any corporate actions (bonus, splits, dividends etc).

Using transactions and corporate actions,you can reconstruct your portfolio as on any historical date and then using historical prices you can value it. I had previously made a small presentation on portfolio performance but that is not exactly related to what you are trying to do but something similar.

Link to the post.

7 Likes