Yogesh's blue chip 10 Portfolio

@Yogesh_s

I have been following your posts for quite some time. You are mostly crisp, to the point and if I am not wrong you don’t get into unnecessary crystal ball gazing. For newbies like us, esp me, who is bit averse to read books or lengthy research papers, your posts have been like a Kunji:grinning::grinning: Thanks for all the good work Yogesh.
Just to be specific I liked your 200 dma google sheet to measure market mood, small/mid cap list collection from VP and few more.

I have built my portfolio in large caps, mnc type companies where I don’t have to look deep into corporate governance and sustainability issues. Buy on dips should work fine. Incase you want to look & review my portfolio, please find the link.

I want to add few mid-caps/small caps, and I am sure they are beaten down, are value picks much more than large caps. But I don’t know why I always feel, small/mid-caps are only good for momentum play. Make hay till sun shines kind off. Esp. in India context, be it cyclical, project based or just a small cap, there is just no sustainability beyond may be 4-5-6 quarters. Don’t get me wrong, lets take few examples- how do you get conviction that a PSP, Salasar, Aarti Ind, Rain, Prakash will survive (meaningfully) after 4-5-6 quarters. Also i find little fundamental reasons why prices shoot up like a rocket at all, and why they crash like a falling meteorite. Looking at some of the price charts of small caps I don’t think there is any solid way of gaining conviction…Infact they are scary. Hard earned money will be get vanished :hushed::sleepy: Having said that, one who is very active with right set of software tools might make good money by momentum bets and stop losses. Value investing is better reserved for large or larger mid-caps at best, IMHO

Can you please share your thoughts & approach on the same.

Disc.
I dont have any exposure to small/micro caps. I have invested in small cap MF in lump-sum in Oct,2018, which I felt is a basket & safe approach, managed by expert fund managers.

2 Likes