Yes bank

Here are my thoughts on current valuation.

14 Likes

Amazing clarity of thoughts !!!

Thanks
Hemant

This borrowing will be used for on-lending through its international branch at GIFT City, Ahmedabad.

1 Like

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/a0e04151-c521-4020-a52c-509465425535.pdf

I wonder how they chose yes bank considering corporate governance. Bank has hidden data theft in ATM, NPA issues etc etc.

These index addition should be taken with pinch of salt.

On these topics, I would only repeat what @investr has quoted.

Now, inclusion in these indices as well as in BSE Sensex wont change fundamentals. However, it changes the perception and most importantly - with more and more money flowing into Mutual Funds, and most of the large cap Funds pegged against Nifty or Sensex, all the fund managers got to do is buy them in the weightage of Sensex or Nifty (especially for ETFs)…

Also Govt pension funds (NPS) were allowed to invest only in Nifty or Sensex stocks until 2015. EPFO still invests in ETF which mirrors Sensex or Nifty.

Then it changes the supply and demand. That is the implication. Nothing more and nothing less.

“Et Tu” HDFC Bank… Andy Mukherjee on Bloomberg gadfly writes : on HDFC’s divergence episode…

2 Likes

Probably that goes to show, the regulator has rigid rules whereas the Banks have their own way of managing their risks.

Disclosure: It is #2 holding in my portfolio and invested long time back, but getting aware of market perceptions about Yes Bank.

1 Like

No bank is saint here not even hdfc bank and i think yes bank growth is far superior at the moment and i think it is on the way to become $250 billion in 3 yrs from now

1 Like

I totally support your viewpoint. In my opinion YES bank has the best
growth rate. In other matters, all the private banks are equal gentleman or
otherwise.

1 Like

Insider buys by Directors.

1 Like

Yes Bank Advance Tax up 30 percent

2 Likes

Does that signal anything significant to earnings?

Most of the time it signifies better earnings.But people will be more interested in NPA numbers from YES than profit figure.

1 Like

yes bank posted good set of numbers with improvements in asset quality.

GNPA at 1.72% and NNPA at 0.93% as at December 31, 2017. (For September 30, 2017, GNPA was 1.82%
and NNPA was 1.04%)

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/ed82dd45-6721-4779-9da2-70a9f5bbf9c6.pdf

4 Likes

What is more encouraging is 47.5% increase in Advances yoy…excellent

Just to advise that the growth, though good, against a low base last year due to demon.

Last year due to demonoitization most of the companies got hit so there will be low base effect for most of the companies.

If you observe even in the demon quarter the net profit had fallen only by 2.5% wrt Dec 2015!

Dec 2015 BL: 793.23
Dec 2016 BL: 772.05

Which makes the Q3FY18 results look pretty good!