ValuePickr Forum

Yes bank

Hoping Yes is still holding Eveready stocks. Duracell in advanced talk to buyout Eveready.

3 Likes

this Durcell deals seems to be bad for investors. How yes bank benefits from this deal?

Does anyone know, for how much loan eveready shares were pledged?

Today Eveready closed in LC

Some good news for those who are still hanging on:

Loans taken by Eveready against the pledged shares has to be paid back to banks before selling the part business of Eveready to Duracell. So Ideally, Banks will get the payment in full. If Yes still holds shares, I doubt the value matters at this point as Banks are the lenders in this case and not investors. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Diamonds lost its shine may be:

3 Likes

This counter is completely surrounded by whole lot of speculative news,Stay away.

Huh! Bigger leaking boat trying to save lesser leaking boat. The irony drowned in the river in the meantime.

6 Likes

Sept 2018

Diamonds once, now Rana Kapoor saying Paytm Karo…:grinning:

2 Likes

Looks like Yes Bank is keeping us busy :slight_smile: Any guess on top three technology firms. Is it Amazon?

My bet would be Softbank.

1 Like

A stake sale to a global minority technology company “is close to being a done deal” but he cannot reveal the name just yet. “In addition, two very large Indian family offices… a European and an American PE firm have also expressed interest…” .

If he cannot disclose fully, why is he revealing even this much? Sounding just like an ordinary reporter. Terrible.

1 Like

For what its worth with this news, tomorrow stock could go 20% but then, go down same in couple of weeks. It is hard to see this as a serious investment currently with all this speculation.

I would only start tracking this, if the bank is raising funds for fueling growth. Otherwise, there are other well corrected quality companies out there…

1 Like

Friends, Please think before posting. Thread is full of one line posts one after another, lower circuit upper circuit etc etc. How does it add value? @adminph2 Please look into this thread

8 Likes

Samsung, probably. They were the only technology related company who attended Yes Bank’s presentation for investors.

4 Likes

Rana Kapoor’s firms allege bear hammering in Yes Bank stock; write to NSE, BSE

Informative article on Yes Bank

1 Like

I have been saying this for a year now that it will be forced merged with another bank. Only issue is that it is not a small bank to fit into any other except ICICI, Kotak or HDFC. A forced merger with a PSU bank will be disastrous for the employees.

Anyway, goose is cooked for him and endgame is near. I think this notice by Reliance AMC is forcing him to classify his “diamonds” as lemon in his own books. The last thing a retail investor would do is calculate book value of the bank and dare to assign a ‘fair’ P/B multiple.

1 Like

Good Article but Nothing New and most Investors atleast in valupickr knew the biggie exposures to ADAG, DHFL, ESSEL Group.
The way I read it, this article assumes that all the 41K CR will turn into NPA which is not really true and chances of that happening is less than 1% if you ask me. Coming to individual large exposures:
->ADAG loans are current and it has enough collateral to cover in case of default, Delhi Power Distribution is the cash cow and chances of recovery is more than 80%.
->DHFL Bonds->MTM Adjustments done in last QTR(Q1) and same might continue this qtr as well if the bonds are downgraded but atleast 50% might come back in max 1 Year-Hope.
->ESSEL Group ->The stake sale in ZEE should cover for this exposure and chances of recovery here is >75%
->CG Power is recent one and Unknown that came up few weeks ago, Not sure of the strategy here for recovery. Let’s keep a tab on this for now, I believe they have Equity as Collateral.

Regarding the Others of 4830 CR, even with chances of 30% recovery in long run they will get atleast 1000-CR.

The author has called out an Unreported NPA’s of 11500-CR which is really worrisome. Let’s wait for Q2 results to see how much of this will come out. How long will bank take to get out of NPA mess is definitely a question and it could be anywhere between 3 to 5 qtr’s to see reasonable improvement in PCR(Provision Coverage Ratio) which is currently at 43.1.

If the growth Capital of 1B+ comes in and new engines(retail…) starts firing in next few quarters along with economy turnaround from slump, I don’t see a merger being evident especially with PSU’s. However a big fish or tech company might throw hat in the ring to pick up majority stake as the bank is really ahead in technology compared to other peers of similar size or less.

From retail Investor’s stand point, It’s high time that Bank comes out with more disclosures compared to what is being done now. Now,the stock is completely under operator control and news driven, if this continues Yes might be out of F&O first and save itself from operator control.

Disclaimer: Invested and Views could be Biased.

7 Likes